Wednesday, July 12, 2006

PERSONAL Weird Dream Central
I had two weird dreams this morning. In the first dream, I started in a very basic looking room. I felt like it was a bedroom, even though the walls were bare and painted a cream color. I also got the feeling that it wasn't my bedroom, but some place I was sleeping while with my family... perhaps a guest bedroom of a relative. I knew I was running late, right away, but it took me a little bit to figure out for what. Then I realized that my family was at church, and I needed to go and visit my mother at church. Coincidentally, I'm not sure it's a church I've ever been to and, if I have, I think it might have been one of the churches I saw while in England. At any rate, I went to visit my mom and for some reason it was video poker night at church. Now I know that churches do Bingo... but video poker? And there were so many machines that everyone had one. I even saw three people bringing another machine into the chapel. I finally found my mom and she seemed very distant, preoccupied. For some reason, that didn't bother me... as the only thought in my head was whether or not I was going to get my own video poker machine because I was late.

The second weird dream was kind of more normal, even though it doesn't make sense to me. In it, I was working in advertising (or marketing, something I would hate) and I was working with a team of people. We were in the office, and I went outside for a breath of fresh air. That's when I ran into an old friend of mine that I haven't seen or talked to in over a year (and I got the feeling that I was no longer in Chicago). She and her friend (who is someone I didn't know) were headed to a Dave Matthews' Band concert. I don't even think my friend likes Dave Matthews. And then I said "Oh, Dave Matthews... I like him" and proceeded to start singing "Ants Marching," from the "Under the Table and Dreaming" album which I lent to someone I worked with (that's how long ago it was) and he never returned it. My friend looked bored, but her friend was captivated. I got through half of the song before my colleagues came out and told me to get back to work; and then my friend and her friend left.

I know these are short dreams, but they both happened after the alarm went off while I was hitting the snooze (which is something at which I'm an expert). Short sleep time equals short dreams!

No comments: