Monday, March 05, 2007

I. Hate. Soup.

I don't feel well. I started feeling sick during a very long audition/trip to Naperville day on Sunday. I hate not feeling well (who doesn't?... Eeyore?). I know what I'm supposed to do to make myself feel better: soup, juice, and sleep. The only problems with this plan being the high cost of juice, my negative feelings towards sleep (waste of time!), and my hatred for soup. Chicken soup tastes like watered-down chicken pot pie (which I love), so it tastes like a watered-down version of something I like (like Guinness Lite or watered-down urine). I think my dislike of soup is actually mostly the thickness of liquid, as I enjoy a nice chicken corn chowder or the occasional split-pea soup. I guess instead of hating soup, what I actually hate is broth. But that doesn't make a good blog post title.

What ends up happening almost every time I get sick, because I don't follow the above three-step plan, is that I stay sick. For quite a long time. I also like to lick my hands and place them on people: in their ears; up their nose; or poking the corner of their eye... you know that place people tell you not to rub or else you could get sick? That's the place. That's besides the point... I just thought you should know in case you see me. Watch your ears, eyes, and nose.

However, this illness has been a little different than most. Most of the time, I have a set sickness schedule (like most people do). But this time, I have to added bonus of feeling painfully nauseous every time I eat. While this is probably good for me and my 'playing weight,' um, ouch. It hurts. I'm hoping to be better by this weekend... as the Spring Forward will steal an hour of my much deserved sleep.

No comments: