Tuesday, April 18, 2006

PERSONAL Mystery Shopper Extraordinaire!
This week I agreed to do some mystery shopping for a friend of mine from the SC Conservatory. It involves, basically, going to bars and ordering a specific drink with bourbon and seeing if the bartender (or wait staff) recommends a particular brand of bourbon. If they do, great! I'm done! If they don't... I end up spending five minutes trying to look like I'm not interested in other brands until they hit the right one. What I found out Monday is that they sometimes don't get it right, even after five minutes. I also found out Monday--in my zeal to get a headstart on the week--that four drinks in an hour and a half is probably my limit. It's probably over my limit. It passed my limit and asked it for ex-girlfriend's phone numbers on the way. Regardless, I was able to call Randi from the second bar (Happy Birthday!) and I told her that mystery shopping is probably right up my alley. I get to act and improvise... I get to be overly critical... and it allows me to feel like I know something that the other person doesn't--all these things point to the fact that I'm petty. Wait... that's not where that sentence was going. All those things point to the fact that I'd be good at mystery shopping as a job (not a career, just a job)... if there are such people as professional mystery shoppers.
Randi said that her new horse is so good, if they lose at all this season it will be because she, Randi, messed up. Can you believe that? Sure, she says that now... but what happens after that first loss? It'll be "the sun was in my eyes" this, and "you were shooting at me" that... she won't blame herself.

PERSONAL Speaking Of Jobs...
You are being written to by the Second City Training Center's new Writing Program Intern. Of course it's an unpaid position! but that doesn't mean I'm any less excited to continue to be a part of that magical place. I am hoping that I can create a relationship with some of the writing instructors there and maybe they'll let me know of other places in town I could take writing classes... or maybe they'll have some opportunities that I don't know about to write for contests and things of that nature. Additionally, the internship will allow me to take another class at Second City FOR FREE!!! "What's left to take", you ask? Well, I've wanted to take the Musical Improv classes for a while, but haven't wanted to enough to pay the $250 every two months or whatever. But now, since they're free... I'll most probably learn how to do musical improv! I'll be so awesome then! Everyone will think I'm the greatest. I'll push it to the max (I feel a song coming on... excuse me whilst I sing)...

No comments: