Wednesday, April 05, 2006

PERSONAL Turn The Page
The title of this post refers to two major chapters in the novel that is my life: 1) I have successfully completed all of my training at The Second City Training Center; and 2) I have completely moved out of my old apartment. Yes, last week was my final Second City Conservatory show. Rather than tell you all about it, you can view it in its entirety here. The link will only work for a couple of weeks, however... so check it out now. Below is a picture of my group, Jamaica University!
Look at how funny we look! No? You're probably right... but tell me the last time you had a unicorn in a class picture. Go on, tell me. That's what I thought. Now who's funny?
I use the metaphor of page turning and chapters because this time does eerily feel like a clean break with the past and a movement forward. It is a very odd time for me, mentally and emotionally. Everything I have known up until this point (except for the people), will be different. A different location, no Second City classes to speak of, and living with someone else for the first time since my senior year in college (which you don't think was all that long ago, but we are talking about three years).
Speaking of living with someone, Chelsey and the apartment are great. We got lots of help from my friend Rob and Chelsey's co-worker Carmen two weekends ago... and my parents helped me with a couple loads of boxes---all in all a pretty painless move when I think about how expensive it could have been. Chelsey and I spent much of last week cleaning my old apartment and organizing this one for both of our best friends from out of town visiting on the same weekend (weird! but true). I'll take/post pictures of the apartment soon. But, for right now, I actually have a business date/meeting tonight. A friend of mine and I (the aforementioned Rob) have written one show and look to write another. We've got four or five solid scenes and are looking to put up a two-man/35-40 minute show within the next couple of months. I'm excited. It's one of four or five projects that I'm looking into now that I'm opening a new chapter in my life. I hope this one is finally called "Adulthood."

No comments: