Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I'm Sorry... WHAT?!?

I don't know if you've seen this article or not, so I thought I would bring it to your attention (pointing to one person reading this blog). The title of the article itself is confusing, so I'll clarify it for you: Keith Richards: 'I snorted my father'. I thought it was a typo... but the story is actually exactly what the title makes it out to be. Apparently, Keith Richards (the geriatric guitarist of the Rolling Stones) decided it was far too tempting to have a cremated father lying around without mixing him with a little cocaine and snorting him up. To quote the article: "He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."
WHAT?! Seriously, who does something like this? This goes so far beyond drug addiction that it can't even see normal drug addicts with binoculars. Who says to themselves "Man, I really need to snort my dad"? Perhaps the worst part is that now, after snorting his father, Keith Richards constantly smells Old Spice and fishing tackle.
What? Shouldn't end with an 'old men smell' joke? How about this one: Perhaps the worst part is that now, after snorting his father directly into his cranium, Richards can't get his father's voice out of his head. Richards goes on to say, "I keep hearing a voice that tells me I'll never do anything with myself if I keep playing the 'damn guitar'."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

According to his publicist (or whatever those talking machines are called nowadays), Keith was only "jest"ing. I'm not sure who I believe, but I think that it is important to share both sides of the story.
I have missed you, John. Welcome back.
Chelsea