Friday, September 26, 2003

CrazyJohnSC on the superiority of Meijers' security-
Guess who was in Meijer's buying "High Fidelity" the other day, kiddies...
That's right... it was your old pal Crazy John... and I noticed a thing or two that didn't make sense (besides my shift in narrative).
First of all, the $9.99 DVD in question was under lock and key behind glass. Odd, since the complete fourth season of Buffy was on a shelf right next to it... out in the open... and worth five times as much money.
Secondly, there is no one around who can open the glass case. I went two aisles over where a woman was putting the new paperback books on a shelf and asked her... "Oh no," she said, "I don't have those keys... but I think >name of employee< might. She does pets and media." PETS AND MEDIA??!? And, sure enough, down ten more aisles there she was... stocking dog food.
"Can you help me get a DVD?" I asked her tentitively. "Oh yeah... I just need to get the key." And so we stroll to the (honest to God) island where they keep fish in tanks and the gerbils in not-so-wet tanks. This is where they keep the DVD key... of course!!! Stupid me would've had someone stationed in the SECTION of the store with the DVDs... but I obviously know nothing about business.
And, lest we forget, you don't have to pay for the DVDs in the section with them in the glass case... you can walk all around the store with them. Or even out a door, as there's really no one to stop you. COME ON! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... EITHER GET RID OF THE CASE OR MAKE ME PAY FOR IT THERE!
Wow.... I feel better, thanks.
Have a crazy day :)

No comments: