Wednesday, June 01, 2005

June 1st: Happy June all
(I know I'm posting both from the England trip AND from my currant life... I hope this isn't confusing, but I can't think of another way to catch up on everything that's been happening to me. Besides, it helps me, personally, to be able to post how I feel right now as well as catching everyone up on the life-changing trip that was England. I hope you'll excuse me this annoyance, and try to follow along)
This morning I spent some time running some annoying errands. I'll spare you what they were, but two highlights have made it impossible for me to not mention them. First of all, I always manage to end up in a bank during the noon lunch-hour, even though I have no job and could go earlier or later... regardless, setting up the scenario, I'm in the bank at about 12:30 and there is a considerable line of about 8 people ahead of me. When I'm about two people from the front of the line, one of the people ahead of me is called to an open teller and proceeds to fill out his deposit slip right there at the teller window. He holds up one finger as the international "wait-a-second" signal to the teller... she stands a bit baffled, but nicely and patiently waits for this tool of a man--this big D--to fill out his stupid form. Um... hello?! You just waited in line for like fifteen minutes and now everyone in line behind you is waiting for your stupid ass to fill out a form that you could have filled out while you were in line? I damn near (read: pussed out) said something about my feelings.
Secondly, as I was approaching my building I saw a blonde walking, smoking, with a Starbucks in her hand. This is a reminder of someone I never want to see again... and I very much would have liked to have taken her head off... unscrewed her head. What's the difference between her and a lightbulb? That's right... what an old, crappy joke.
Have you seen those Dockers commercials where everything is all in slow-motion and everyone's in mid-air? Um... those are cool. I hope I would look cool in slow-motion in mid-air, but something tells me I would be the only person in the history of the world to not look cool in slow-motion in mid-air. I would hope I would get a rock-track beneath my jumping... that might be the only thing to save me.
Ohh... only in England: Here is a story about what Tony Blair thinks is the root of a lot of problems--Hooded sweatshirts. There is, apparently, a mall in England which has banned hooded sweatshirts, hats, and other things that "obscure the face." Yeah, because hooded sweatshirts are at the heart of things like graffiti and vandalism. Nothing like blatant profiling allowed to be justified by the Prime Minister to really show you how great a country can be. No offense to England, but their idea of creating diversity is colonialism. Oh. Snap.

No comments: