Wednesday, June 14, 2006

PERSONAL John and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Have you ever had one of those days where it seems like nothing is going right? Nothing is going your way at all and you just want to go to sleep and start over in the morning? Such was my day Wednesday. I started the day with a cardio workout (or, at least, most of one). My new cardio DVD has two settings: Ease me into it; and Challenge. I, being me, figured I could do the challenge without any prior workouts. I was, apparently, not up to the challenge... as I had to stop about 6 minutes into the 15 minute workout.
Then there was only breakfast cereal in my breakfast cereal box.
I tried to get my oil changed today, but the Midas was so busy that I was unable to even park in their lot to tell them I needed an oil change. And, since the nearest Midas is 400 miles of construction away, I was forced to sit in traffic on my way back to the apartment.
I tried to change my blog and only recently (about ten minutes ago) was I able to get the actual published page to look like the preview page. Frustration!
Today was also continuing my annual "melancholy" phase. I can't seem to motivate myself to do anything, as the weight of the world seems too great for me to even attempt to push against. You ever have those days? Where it's tough to motivate yourself against all you would have to do? And everything you could do is simply your attempt to move one step forward in your life? Such is my current state. I'm stuck in that place where, if only I could find a job I enjoyed, everything else would happily fall into place (hopefully). But it's not happening... and I'm hurting myself from all the butt kicking I'm doing to try to motivate myself. I'm just not motivated. And I don't know why. But I got back into writing. That's a start.

No comments: