Sunday, February 05, 2006

FOOTBALL Congratulations Pittsburgh Steelers, Superbowl XL Winners
The Pittsburgh football Steelers just won Superbowl 40. I voted for Hines Ward as Superbowl MVP (which he won), even though I could see it going to a few players. Hines was THE reason they won this game... and if you give me three Hines Ward's and a Brett Favre, and I'll give you three Superbowl rings. I have a great respect for the Rooney's and everyone in the Pittsburgh organization--it seems like they always do things the right way, with hard work, brains, and talent. I'm very happy for Coach Cowher... who's 14 years with the same team is something I wish we saw more of in today's NFL. I'd also like to give a huge congratulations to Jerome Bettis, who now can (and should) retire as a champion. Congratulations to a future Hall of Famer.
This game was one of the sloppiest and tightest I've seen in years. I was certain, after the first quarter and a half, that the Seahawks would win. But then, when Pittsburgh finally scored a touchdown, I was surprised that Seattle only had 3 points. Seattle looked like they were going to surpass Pitt in the third quarter after Ben threw the near pick/six when it looked like THEY were going to put the game away. Seattle looked rattled a few times... and Pittsburgh deserved to win. Congratulations to them.

No comments: