Wednesday, February 01, 2006

PERSONAL The IQ Test
As part of my new campaign to find me a job, today I posted my resume on Monster.com. On the Monster "My Monster" page, there is a link to a self-assessment test called "What's your IQ?" It's a question I've often asked myself... except I substitute the word "my" for "your." Regardless, I spent some time this morning taking the test here. Now I have no idea how accurate this test is or the resulting... results are, but it's the first time in a long time that I've taken an IQ test and am fully willing to believe the results if they are positive. No matter how ridiculous those results might be. And those results?
My IQ (apparently) is 131. The blurb they gave me after the test is this: "Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results." Ego stroked. They also give you a 15-page report, if you're willing to pay $13 OR are willing to sign up for a whole bunch of email/junk mail stuff. I tried to work my way around it... but was unable to. So I'm left with the score and the blurb. Oh well... I'm smart enough to figure out the rest myself *wink*

No comments: