Monday, May 08, 2006

PERSONAL LA Bound
Last night I had my first rehearsal with my new, completely improvised show. The hot topic at rehearsal is the fact that our show has been asked to perform at IO West on June Ninth in some kind of improv festival. Where is IO West, you ask? Well, the smart kids who get gold stars today have already put the title together with what I’m talking about. For those who aren’t getting stars today, here it is: I’m headed to LA! For one night only (unless I get a hold of Adam and Susan and make it two or three nights), I’ll be in Los Angeles for the first time in my life. I’m so excited!
And you want to know the best part? The reason we're going out there is the best part. We were asked to be part of the 4th Annual LA Improv Festival! For realsies... check out their website here. It's famous people from SNL, MadTV, Upright Citizen Brigade... and us! How psyched am I? (Hint: Very)
But that excitement is quelled by the fact that I’m still learning this particular long-form improvisation… form (rehearsal did not go particularly well). I’ve only got a handful of rehearsals to figure it out… but if I keep myself under the same amount of pressure I’ve currently got myself, I should be able to learn the whole process soon enough. I’m still learning *pushes up glasses*.

VIDEO GAMES Kingdom Hearts 2 Song... Like A Siren In The Ocean Of Gaming
I do not have a Playstation 2. My lack of a PS2 upsets me whenever I think about three games: Guitar Hero; God of War; and the Kingdom Hearts series. Kingdom Hearts is an action RPG that combines Japanese Anime with classic Disney characters. I know that sounds like an interesting and potentially terrible marriage, but from everything I’ve heard, the first Kingdom Hearts game was amazing and fun and combined the two genres incredibly. Now there’s a new Kingdom Hearts game out, which has new Disney characters (Captain Jack Sparrow anyone?) and has a haunting commercial song. Every time I hear the song, I stop whatever I’m doing and watch the commercial. The commercial is almost all cut-scenes (but they’re beautiful) so I can only guess what the actual gameplay is like… but I anxiously await the launch of the PS3 because the price of PS2s will drop and I can finally be a Guitar Hero. And maybe I’ll take some time out from my guitar to help Mickey with a sword in the shape of a key.

MUSIC Faktion Album Online
I get a lot of friend requests from bands on MySpace. A lot equals about four per day. Most of the time I don’t even open the page and look at the band’s site… I just leave them on my friend request page to rot. One of the bands that I did look at and add was Faktion. They have been all over MySpace… adding billions of friends and putting trillions of things on their page. However, one of the cool things they’ve done is to upload their entire new album so that fans (or potential fans) can listen before they buy. I listened to almost the whole album… and I think they have a chance to be the next big thing. Or they just have a chance to have me buy one of their albums.

No comments: