Tuesday, May 09, 2006

VIDEO GAMES Prepare For A Nerdgasm… Here Comes E3
Sony's PS3 Peaks Interest in NextGen Consoles at E3 2006
If my life had a magic rainbow, the Electronic Entertainment Expo would be at the end of that rainbow. Every year, Los Angeles is host to, basically, a very large, week-long, video game expo. All the big hardware companies are there with large booths where Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo will strut their console and hand-held stuff. All the major software companies are there, too: Rockstar, Electronic Arts, LucasArts, Sega, Bungie, Valve, Ubi Soft, Activision (I could keep going… but I think I’ll stop there)... showing their new games for multiple platforms.

Basically, one who enters the expo gets to walk around and view new game cinematics, play any playable demos, and see what the next year’s gaming technology will be before everyone else (everyone who isn’t at the expo, that is).

But this year… this very year, my pretty friends, G4 will be broadcasting shows LIVE from E3. They will have three hours a day dedicated just to what’s going on inside E3. I’m hoping that my favorite G4 show, X-Play, somehow shows previews or even reviews the booths! Oh, I can’t wait!!!

What I want to see at E3? Sony’s Playstation 3, Nintento’s NextGen Wii (formerly the Revolution), anything they can tell me about Halo 3 (sure to be a 360 only release… as Microsoft realizes that the PS3 is destroying it in sales [because it will], they’ll pull some “You can only get these games on the 360!” bullshit and they’ll toss lots of money to game developers to develop just for the 360. Just you wait.), and Prices! Prices! Prices! How much are the PS3’s going to be? Are they going to be $700, like I hear they might be? And, as such, how will I afford to purchase a PS3, an Xbox 360, and an HD TV good enough to handle all the incredible graphics? I want E3 to explain to me how I’m going to handle the cost… explain yourselves Electronic Entertainment Expo! I can’t wait. And E3 starts tonight, May 9, on G4. Check your local listings for time and channel *commercial*

Nintendo's Wii Controller... Looks like a Remote Control, tastes like a candy bar

No comments: