Wednesday, November 09, 2005

FOOTBALL TO Apologizes--No One Buys It
Yesterday, I had the fortune to see the Terrell Owens and Drew Rosenhaus press conference LIVE. My favorite part of the entire press conference is the fact that, FINALLY, no one believes them--either one of them. Rosenhaus came across (with all his yelling and his "I love this man")as someone who was absolutely desperate. And why shouldn't he? He should be (and probably is) losing potential clients with how poorly he's handling someone who is, arguably, the most talented player at his position in the league. If I'm a talented NFL player, I'm looking at Rosenhaus thinking "You really phuked this one up, Drew." Additionally, the Eagles are sending a great message: Talent isn't enough; You HAVE to be a team player... you have to play the game (in the words of Larry Brown) the right way.
I've now seen the TO press conference about three or four times. I don't believe a damn word he said... and he's reading the statement as if he's never seen it before (or had read through it once). I am giddy at how terrible Owens and Rosenhaus are looking because of all of this. It's my hope that Javon Walker (who, in my opinion, is injured because Rosenhaus told him to hold out of camp... didn't get the reps... and wasn't ready for the season) sees this and fires Rosenhaus. Wise up, J Walk... your agent is disingenuous, incompetent, and FULL of hot air.
PERSONAL Tag-Team Grocery Shopping
Last night, Chelsey and I went grocery shopping together. As much as I appreciated the company (and it made the time go more quickly), not even Chelsey's wonderfulness could stop my intense hatred of grocery shopping. As such, I had to figure out why I hate it so much. Let's explore this scientifically, shall we? *Music-underscored montage of John in laboratory, with clip-board and lab coat; he contemplates a lengthy mathematical equation on a chalk board; he measures different colored liquids then combines them in a large beaker... making notes on clip-board; he lets a bowling bowl and a feather go from a step ladder; he ignites an unidentified powder which sparks and lights his hair on fire; he dissects an earthworm; he finally goes back to the chalk board, answers with "x squared times 4x pie"* Basically, the reason I hate grocery shopping is that it's so damn expensive in the city. You can easily spend over $100 on stuff that you would consider to be "essentials." When I was working, I hated grocery shopping because it took too long, and it wasn't what I wanted to be doing with my free time. But now that I'm not working, I hate it because it costs so damn much. In a completely unrelated story, I love Best Buy... Chelsey and I also went there and I didn't get myself anything, even though I wanted to. Pat on the head goes to me.

No comments: