Thursday, November 10, 2005

NATIONAL NEWS Happy Birthday Marine Corps... Hoorah!
Today marks the Marine Corps Two Hundred Thirtieth birthday. If video games are any indication, the Marines will have space, aliens, and BFGs to look forward to. Happy Birthday, boys... and don't forget to cut the cake with your swords (it's true, it's tradition).
LOCAL NEWS When Not Telling Us That Artsy Movies Are Great And Explosions Stink, Roeper Gives Us All The Shocker
Here is an article by Richard Roeper of the Chicago Sun-Times. In it, he goes in depth as to what "the shocker" hand gesture means. BTW, if you don't know, are you sure we're friends? Ha ha! Seriously... if you don't know what it is, read the article. I just find it odd that Roeper has nothing better to do than write articles about obscene gestures from such pristine girls. They're not that pristine. What's their name? Claire. That's a fat girl's name. They're not fat! Well, not at present, but I can really see them pushing maximum density. *scene*
PERSONAL Anxious Weekend Visit
I suppose I'm the only one who's anxious about this weekend. Friday, Chelsey and I are headed to Indianapolis to visit Chelsey's grandmother. I've wanted to meet her grandma for a while now... but haven't because of various inconveniences. This is a pretty big deal, as far as I'm concerned. Chelsey used to spend summers with her grandparents, so I'm basically meeting her quarter-time parent. Doesn't make sense to you? Um... I'm meeting someone who was her parent for a quarter of the year. Why doesn't that make sense? Additionally, since it was over the summer and Chelsey wasn't at school, she probably spent MORE time with her grandparents growing up than even I give them credit for. REGARDLESS! I'm very nervous about this weekend because of the meeting. I've passed all the tests so far (including the scary father test), and I'm so close to graduating (to what? stupid metaphors!)... I'm nervous and jumpy. I guess all I can ask is for people to wish me luck.

No comments: