Thursday, August 12, 2004

"I'm so damn bored I'm going blind and loneliness has to suffice..."
I was pleasantly surprised to see an email from Miss Chelsey Wagemaker Monday morning. And I was even more pleased that she actually asked my opinion on something. Anyone who wants my opinion on the things I think I know about (read: anything) will get a very lengthy response. I am long-winded. And opinionated. I'm long-windinated.
Tonight my writing class had been turned into a songwriting class. Sounds cool, huh? It really REALLY wasn't. My instructor seems hell-bent on having us write a song together as a class, so we started writing a song together. It was terrible. Just awful. There was nothing I could do, either. Once we started going in one direction that was it... I couldn't "right the ship" as it were. We had decided to title the song "This is how we power play"... but it wasn't a song about hockey. It was a song about using your social or political power on a micro-management level (such as your boss or manager using their status to push you around). There are lots of things I would be interested writing a song about... this is not one of those things. And the songwriting instructor was all about keeping the lyrics as simple as possible... just a boring ass night. Blah.
After class I headed to Coldstone to check up on mah store (like I do). I was sitting and talking to Brian when I noticed a two-year-old boy in a stroller being very animated and energetic (even though it was 10-something at night). So I turned my attention to him, and he saw Brain and I watching him and he pulled the cover of the stroller over his face. Cute. Then I noticed the mother of this child was a big lady. I want to say with confidence that she is pregnant again, 'but you never can tell' I thought to myself. Then I looked over to the father and I noticed his goatee. He was wearing glasses and looked very familiar to me. Then it hit me: Matt Clement. It was Matt Clement and his wife and son. So, after he had been wrung up, I made eye contact with the young lady, Jessica, who had served the Clements and we both were pretty sure that it was Matt Clement. It was interesting because I tried to get Jessica to go over to them and ask, just to make sure we weren't stalking a random person... but she was too shy. I razzed her a bit about being shy, and we noticed someone else in the store go over to him and start talking like he was someone famous (you know how that goes... shyly walking up, a bit "I knew it" when they realize who they're talking to, a very polite good-bye). Famous people are great.
On Tuesday morning, I had a scheduled meeting with Andrea, Brian, Stephan, Adam, and Robert. What am I doing at Coldstone? I still don't know. It sounds like Andrea wants me to check in with the various managers (all four of those guys) FIVE times a week. No offense to the big boss lady, but there's no way in hell that I'm making 20 calls or visits per week. I might check up on both stores five times a week... but I really don't care what Adam's doing.
My Improv class Tuesday was interesting. Ed Garza had us playing new games and one of them was as uncomfortable as I've felt in class in a while. We played a game which has a name... I which I knew the name, but whatever. The premise of this game is to show "clips" of classic sitcoms (like TV Land sitcoms) which originated in a foreign country. So, as the improviser, we play the characters from these sitcoms, except we have to have an accent of whatever country in which the show originated. I felt uncomfortable not only in the fact that my accents sucked and were highly inaccurate... BUT also in that I didn't know the shows we were supposed to be portraying. I'm coming to realize that I'm best when I can prepare... and improv games that I can't prepare for are really tough for me. Improv is tough for me. Period. Football is not tough for me... and here we go:
Terrell Owens, my least favorite football player in all of football (yes, I even prefer Randy Moss to TO), said something else stupid. What a surprise this is. When asked by Playboy magazine if his former quarterback with the 49ers, Jeff Garcia, is gay, Owens said "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat". Wait, wait, wait... it gets better. When asked about this quote, he responded "I didn't say he was gay...". Interesting change of pace... when asked about whether or not TO is the stupidest person in the history of the world, John Steeno said "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat..."

No comments: