Sunday, August 08, 2004

No new apartment, but it sure feels like it so far
Friday marked week two of my play... and this week I actually had some people in the audience. Brian and Cherise came from work, and Jim & Katie Aumann came out to show Albionian support! That's right... Katie Aumann! Thought she was dead, didn't you? That's because she's been out of this novel since the opening chapters. But I'm here to tell you that Katie's alive and well (and looking well as well), and she at least pretended to have enjoyed the show. And speaking of the hottest red-head I know (huh?), I even gave Miss Chelsey Wagemaker a call (oh! now I get it). She was unavailable, but I left a fun message. By 'fun', I mean 'could be used against me in a court of law if I were ever on trial for sexual harassment'. Anyway... I think everyone enjoyed the show, and it was nice to have the support.
As of last Tuesday I decided to renew my lease in the same apartment. I still have yet to receive my new lease, but I'm pretty much planning on staying. With that in mind, I've decided to basically re-arrange all the furniture in my apartment. So that, even though I'm not moving into a bigger/"better" apartment, I've still got something to which to look forward. Saturday, I took a trip to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to pick some things up. I got a new CD tower and a DVD/video game tower, and I also purchased some things for my bathroom. And, after two days, my bathroom is cleaner and in better shape than when I moved in. All I'll need is another week or two and a couple more major purchases, and this apartment will be a few million times better than the apartment I've been living in for a year (yes, even though they're the same apartment).
While moving stuff around my apartment, I had the misfortune of starting to watch "The Replacements". It is a terrible, terrible movie. Not only does it consist of the most trite football movie script ever (it was basically the same movie as 'Necessary Roughness'... or at least they stole every character from that movie), but the soundtrack was atrocious. Simply horrendous. I'm also disappointed in the cast... as it's got Gene Hackman as the coach (he makes for good coaches in sports movies). And, right before it came out, there was something on Sportscenter about how Keanu Reeves had studied footwork from actual NFL quarterbacks... and his form could impress even scouts (or something to that effect, everyone was really impressed with his form). But it really didn't matter how good or bad his form was... the movie was terrible.

No comments: