Sunday, August 29, 2004

An Update of August 20th-22st
As was the theme of my week, I had another afternoon wasted on Friday. I went back to wait for the batch freezer inspector. Fortunately for everyone in my company, I was there when the POS system was being put into place. The POS installer was unable to fully install all the equipment because the electricity was off (yeah... I know). So it's going to mean that I get to play around with setting that all up, as no one else is actually going to take the initiative to do it. At any rate, the batch freezer guy ended up being sent on another job and, long story short, I wasted my 9 AM-3:30 PM Friday doing absolutely nothing. Son of a bitch.

But I really didn't have much time to worry about my wasted time this week. Friday evening was the forth of my performances and my family was coming. I was actually so tired from my various days of waking up early and anxiously awaiting stupid people, that I told my family I'd rather take a nap before the show than see them. I think that makes me a bastard... but I'm not totally sure. But it was good for me to rest up for the show because not only was my family there, but Andrea came with her brother, and my friend Adam Traum came, AND Amy from my improv class came. It was the biggest audience just for me that I had at my show. The show itself went fairly well... I heard my dad laughing a couple times and, historically, that has always caused me to break character on stage. Oh well... I wouldn't trade hearing my dad laugh for anything in the world.

Saturday (the 21st) afternoon my family and I went to the Cheesecake factory. Again, I had some really delicious food, but was disappointed by my cheesecake selection. We then proceeded to Nordstroms. Karen needed some new work clothes, so the fam sat around for a while while she picked stuff out. Actually, my dad and I had a lot of fun commenting on the outfits and bouncing witty repartee back and forth. We're both witty, we are. Heehee... at any rate, after a while, we decided to go upstairs and look in the men's department. After a while of having a woman tell us what would look nice, and asking if I liked this or that, she said "I think I know what you want". I followed her to a different section and was shown this beautiful black pin-stripe suit. I tried on the jacket... and it melted on. It fit me perfectly, right off the rack. And the material was so comfortable... I checked the price tag. Keep in mind, it was an Italian suit, and those Italians know their suits. The suit cost $1300. Um... yeah... I'm not even kidding. I think the weirdest part is that, if I had a real good reason to need a suit (which I don't yet) my parents would probably help me buy it. I'm certainly keeping it in mind... as it's a totally badass suit.
Speaking of badass, we then went to the Irish Imports store. I got a Guiness sweatshirt and an Ireland rugby shirt. They're both really sweet looking. And I got a Celtic symbol neck-chain thing which they'll give me for my birthday. I used to wear a cross around my neck, years ago... and I really miss having something around my neck. So there I go.
For dinner, we all went to Chipotle in Elmhurst. It was my sister's first time there, but I had taken my parents a few weeks ago, so they knew what was up. It was good, and it was followed up by a trip to the Coldstone in Elmhurst. I was, I'll just say it, disappointed. I was helped by someone who was obviously new. I didn't even finish eating what I ordered.
That night, my family and I watched The Ladykillers. And, while I thought that Tom Hanks' performance was incredible and his character was unique and interesting and humorous... the movie still sucked pretty hardcore. The ending was predictable. *sigh* Could've been a much better movie. I would like to take Tom Hanks' character and put him in something actually funny.

Sunday morning (the 22nd) my family ate breakfast at Einsteins. It was good... and it got to the point when we all didn't want to say good-bye. At that point we decided to go shopping... for groceries. Hooray for Jewel! We went shopping for a little while, only long enough to delay having to say good-bye again... and that was that. Good-bye was quick, but not painless. It meant so much for them to see my show... especially after having not gone to the first two shows because they were "too tired". I missed them.

No comments: