Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Packers' first preseason game (Part 2)
3rd Quarter: Couch does not look good so far. They keep saying how new he is to the system and how his arm hurts... but he's not even making any passes that are in every system. The ball is short on a ten-yard out, or the ball is short on a ten-yard curl, or the ball is knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Or maybe he gets sacked. Sigh. With Couch at the helm, as Lee Corso says in NCAA 2005, "they were three and out so fast, we had to ask for slow-mo replay, just to recap it." Enough being negative. BJ Sander continues to get lots of practice punting because of how often we're having to punt. I guess that was still negative, huh? I will say that I'm impressed with the way my second defensive unit is tackling. We seem to be wrapping up and driving the offensive player backwards (except for Bhawoh Jue, of course). The second unit seems a lot 'hungrier' (I hate using that term, but it's the best one I can come up with right now) than the first unit. They're obviously fighting for jobs, but they're still not being overly aggressive... they're just tackling very well. But, what's not so very well is Doug Pederson, who came into the game at the end of the third quarter. I don't care how well he holds the ball on field goals, I think he's useless and I want him gone. On his first play, he got sacked for an almost safety. God, what a useless man. End of third quarter: Still 14-3 Seahawks.
4th Quarter: And just when I'm talking about how useless Pederson is... he leads us on the best drive we've had since Favre left the game. Cullen Jenkins, a second-year player from CMU, made the first sack from a defensive lineman I've seen in a long time. Speaking of a long time, Carl Ford, a guy we drafted last year out of Toledo, made his first couple catches of the preseason in the fourth quarter. He was in IR all last year, which is too bad, because I was excited to see him play last year. But, Pederson got sacked on a play that he should have thrown the ball away on. He's like a 80 year veteran, he should know better. Saw a pretty good tackle on a FB by Ahmad "Alex" Carroll. I continue to be impressed by the penetration that James Lee (NT from Oregon State) is getting. We seem to be getting stronger up the middle against the run, which is what we sucked at last year. However, if you want to run outside on our defense, it looks like you can. We went for it on fourth and two... and Pederson sucks. Pederson sucks. Oh... and the fun the ESPN people are having near the end of this "boring" game is that everyone's got a Cheesehead. Ha HA... right? Whatever. Suzy Kolber kind of looked hot in her cheesehead, I'm not going to lie. I'd smack her ass. Huh? I mean... let's talk football. Oh... the game's pretty much over, Seattle is kneeling. Poop on the Seahawks. Oh... did you hear? Seattle's going to the Super Bowl! Because they can beat the Eagles. Whatever. Fuckers... I hate Seattle.
End of game: 21-3 Seahawks.
And, you've heard what I want... I want Doug Pederson and Bhawoh Jue GONE.

No comments: