Monday, August 16, 2004

Week Three... 60% done with the Level 5 Show
Madden 2005 is the most complicated and in-depth sports game EVER!
Speaking of coming out of nowhere, Rhea and Jean called me at about 6 PM Friday evening. We brought their loot upstairs and parked them in the Piper's Alley lot. On our way back to my place, we stopped at Garlic and Chili: Healthy Thai cuisine! I love that place... and I correctly referred to it as "cute" (because it is cute). I believe that both Jean and Rhea had an enjoyable experience at Garlic and Chili... thanks, in large part, to my brilliance and knowledge of what is indeed cute. I'm awesome.
I'm so awesome, in fact, that week number three of the show was fantastic. The audience was smaller than the past two (last week was PACKED!), but they were definitely laughing louder than previous shows. I felt pretty good about this weeks show, actually... and I think I finally (FINALLY) "found" one of my characters, Grant. It was a good show, and I look forward to next week when my family finally sees it.
Saturday, I took Rhea and Jean to Oakbrook. Rhea needed to buy a suit, and I needed to make sure that their car was moved from the lot before the 24 hours was "up". So it worked out for everyone! Hooray! Anyway, we went to Oakbrook Center which is a large shopping plaza. I hesitate to say 'mall' because it's so much more than that. It is a magical place. So magical, in fact, that we had lots of fun shopping for Rhea's suit. Everyone except Rhea had fun looking for Rhea's suit. We ended up at Sears... and I forced Rhea to try on this cranberry suit. Why? Because I thought it looked cute... it had a nice pink dress shirt underneath... whatever, you know it was cute. So cute, in fact, that it's the suit Rhea bought! I win!!! She bought my suit!!! Ha ha! Take THAT, other straight guys who can't pick out cute clothing!
My reward was to take the lovely ladies to The Cheesecake Factory. Mmm... the Cheesecake Factory is so delicious! I ate this chicken chipotle pasta and then, when I had absolutely no room left in my stomach, I had a piece of peanut butter/chocolate cheesecake. Mmm... do good... job well done, indeed.
After completely gorging ourselves, we split up quickly and I headed to the Irish Outfitters store. It had all manner of Guiness and Notre Dame shirts (and Rugby shirts!!!), and all kind of pictures and cute little Irish things. It was a cute store... and I think I was hardcore hitting on the young lady who was working there. Maybe it was because she was singing along with the Irish jig music the store was playing... or maybe it was that I'm an easy easy slutty man.
Sunday morning, Rhea and Jean left... and I spent much of the afternoon and evening writing and cleaning and napping (yes, even napping). It was a relaxing afternoon.
The climax of the day was a phone call from my son. Nick and I spent about an hour talking about various things. I think he'll be coming to the last performance of my show, on August 27th... and, if Laura's still coming, it'll be a fantastic evening.

No comments: