Monday, August 23, 2004

This is me rambling while I was waiting... aren't you glad I don't do this more often?
I'm currently sitting at the new store on North Ave... waiting. My job this past week has consisted primarily of waiting. Wednesday morning/afternoon I waited... Thursday afternoon was a meeting with the ADs... Friday morning/afternoon I waited for the same stupid guy I'm waiting for right now. I am very upset at the Icee company because it was their fault I had to wait all day Friday... and they told me at 9:10 AM that the tech would be here within half an hour. It's now quarter after 11, two hours later... and still no Bruce (the tech). I know that he knows where this place is, he was here last Wednesday... so that can't be why he's late. *Shakes head* It's so stupid that the number I'm calling for info on the tech is a California number. They have no idea where the technician is, or who he is, or who I am... for that matter.
I'm very upset at my job right now. Andrea could have gotten anyone to sit and take care of this batch freezer thing, but she chose me. She then proceeded to give me tasks like buying fucking soap dispensers. I honestly feel like she relies on me, but doesn't respect me or what I do. Giving me bitch tasks like sitting around waiting for inspectors or running out and buying a fucking soap dispenser. Fuck that. I'm the multi-unit manager, even if that's not the title that she specifically gave me. That's what I do... I'm in charge of these two Coldstones (soon to be three)... and their managers.
I guess what's really pissing me off is that I've got a hat on and haven't showered or shaved or eaten... and the guy is two and a half (now) hours late, no one can tell me when he's going to get here... and I don't even know if he's going to be here (like Friday)... so I'm just left waiting.
Today marks the first day of Albion's school year. It's the first day of the senior year for Nick, Bohne, Snoop Groggy Gogg, and many many others who I got to know what seems like lifetimes ago. I often wonder what Mr. Michael Bohne's up to. It's been a long time since we talked, and I wonder if he still wants me in his wedding. I also wonder how I'm going to pull that off next summer. It seems like I would need a weekend to do tux rental/shopping, maybe a weekend for the bachelor party and various other events of debauchery, and the entire wedding weekend for wedding events. I suppose Bohne would let me stay at his place, and now that Nick's got his own apartment, I could most probably stay up there in Albion... but who knows if he'll still be living there next summer. Maybe, when I visit Albion sometime this year, I could stay with Nick. We'll see. I'd be most worried about where I'd park overnight... as I seem to be having trouble with overnight parking lately.
Why would I go to Albion? I might come for a Euphonic's concert... but that would be about it. It would take like Bohne as a lead in a play, or Nick directing a workshop play, or Nick's one-man show thing, or something else big to get me to Albion. Maybe I'll go for Homecoming, for the hell of it. See if anyone's willing to kiss my ass. That's basically the only reason I'd ever to back... to get my ass kissed by people who should've done it years ago.
I think saying that I currently hate my job is a gross understatement. I would rather go without my phone, cable, and my car than keep working at this bullshit job. I honestly think about quitting every fifteen minutes or so whenever I'm sitting and waiting for someone. Right now, in fact, I'm thinking about quitting. What I worry about most is that it won't matter if I were to go ahead and quit... Andrea would just get someone else to sit around and wait places. I guess I wish I could say that I feel a sense of loyalty to Andrea, because I used to... but then she couldn't commit to employing me for any period of time longer than a month. All I wanted was some kind of commitment so that I would know if it was okay for me to move further away from the store. I guess one of the things that ticked me off was that I wasn't even able to speak to her during that time (a few weeks in early August). I kept saying that I wanted to talk, and she kept ignoring me or blowing me off or simply saying that we'd talk later.
But let us speak instead of positive things. POST Health Inspector/Batch Freezer guy, I'm back to enjoying life. I could REALLY use some food, and a shower... but things never look so bad when you're sitting in the back of a UHaul that you didn't pay for.
I can tell you one thing, my phone bill is going to be huge. It seems as though I'm spending all day on it recently, including all the calls I made last Friday.
Nate (the AD, not the super-cool dude whose blog you can check out by following the post above) was right: these white polos look nice, but it's too easy to get shit all over them. I've only worn this shirt four times (gross! Do laundry, bitch!) but it's already got loot all over it.

No comments: