Wednesday, October 05, 2005

CELEBRITY NEWS? Nick Cage Wins The First Honorary "Crazier Than You" Award
Here is a story that will tell you why I decided to start a "Crazier Than You" award and why Nick Cage is the my very first winner of this award. His wife recently gave birth to a baby boy that they have decided to name (get this) Kal-el Coppola Cage. So much does Cage love his uncle (Francis Ford Coppola) AND Superman (his Kryptonian name being Kal-el) that he's willing to sacrifice his son to the gods of bullies-who-beat-up-kids-with-stupid-names-in-school. May God keep Kal-el Coppola safe while he goes to school... for his parents know not what they do to him.
FOOTBALL My Packers Are Stupid... Officially
Here is a story about my lowly 0-4 Pack who, by the way, impressed me by coming back in the game against Carolina... only to lose anti-climactically. Regardless, the article talks about the Wonderlic test... which is a problem-solving/intelligence test that NFL teams give all their players before the draft. My Packers have the lowest average score in the league: 19.1. The Wonderlic is out of 50 points... so a 19 as an average is pretty crappy. After reading this article, it finally makes sense to me that my Pack are so damn bad.
SPORTS HOCKEY'S BACK!!!!!
Oh Wow... it's been too long and now tonight, finally, the NHL is back. I think the hardest part about the long wait will be watching with all the new rules. I fully anticipate tonight's NHL games being difficult to follow--it feeling as if I was watching for the first time again. I'm not digging a lot of the new "offense friendly" rules... especially the shoot-out. But, hopefully, they'll get back to hitting enough that I'll be into it, even though the Wings lost a lot of talent and may very well suck like my Pack. Go Hockey!

No comments: