Friday, October 14, 2005

COLLEGE FOOTBALL Huge Football Weekend for the NCAA
This Saturday marks the huge #9 Notre Dame/#1 USC game. It seems like everyone is picking Notre Dame as their "upset" pick. A wise man once posed the question, "If everyone is picking one team, how can it be an upset?" Well, I'll pick the non-upset team then... I think USC wins this game. I think USC will come out guns blazing, get a large lead... and Notre Dame will chip away at that lead for the rest of the game, but will run out of time. The score will be in the thirties, I think... 35-31 USC.
But there are two other games that aren't getting much hype, even though they might be good ones. #16 Michigan State @ #15 Ohio State... Ohio State has disappointed me this season, and I think MSU's offense should actually be able to handle OSU's vaunted defense. Look for MSU to blow out OSU if Drew Stanton gets hot and, if not, MSU still wins a close game. Also #8 Penn State @ Michigan... The big house isn't as intimidating as I always would think it should be. However, Michigan NEEDS this win to salvage their 3-3 season. Michigan will come out focused, and Penn State will be exposed as a fraud. Look for Michigan to win this game perhaps on intensity alone... and look for Mike Hart to have a big game because he's a stud.
Other games to watch for: #23 Wisconsin @ #22 Minnesota--people in Wisconsin hate people in Minnesota and vice versa. Even though I love Wisconsin, I think Minnesota wins on that terrible Metrodome turf; #24 Colorado @ #2 Texas--Texas might have a let-down after the Oklahoma game, but they're too good to lose to Colorado; #11 Florida @ #10 LSU--I think both of these teams aren't as good as they think they are. Florida ends up winning this game, but it will be ugly.

No comments: