Saturday, October 08, 2005

PERSONAL New Obsession
Last week on Tuesday night, Chelsey introduced me to a daily puzzle printed in the Red Eye. It's called a Sudoku puzzle, and I'm sure you've either seen or heard of it by now. Chelse and I did the first one (a two star difficulty out of five) in what seemed like an hour or so... trying to figure it out and seeing if there were any shortcuts. It was something fun for us to do before supper... but I didn't think much of it. On Thursday morning, I took the train into downtown with Chelsey and picked up my own Red Eye. I completed the four star Thursday puzzle in just over two hours (it took the 'expert' an hour and 52 minutes)... and am now getting the hang of it. It is more of a logic puzzle than it is a mathematic puzzle... and I enjoy it, as my logic is undeniable. Regardless, I'm hoping to pick up a book of those puzzles this weekend or early next week so that I can further prove my awesomeness. Or so that I can further waste time and money in Chicago. Which is awesome and logical.

No comments: