Friday, September 30, 2005

PERSONAL UPDATE Glory Be to Gloria
A few days after I claimed that all people are heartless, ruthless, greedy, and completely devoid of good qualities... I was happily proven wrong. Yesterday I called XSport, my XGym, fully prepared to fight someone over the semantics in my contract, over the delays in shipping which I faced and the fairness of the necessity that I use certified mail, and over the outrageous clause of the contract which stated their ability to charge me even if I didn't want to be charged. In short, I was prepared to yell, get angry, and have it do me absolutely no good. Imagine my surprise when I actually got a hold of someone at XSport. She referred to herself as "Gloria" and was pleasant from the beginning. She told me that my cancellation certified mail arrived on the 26th (not the 29th, as I had feared), so it was on time. She said that there would be no problem giving me a full refund and making sure my membership was cancelled. And it was that easy... I talked to her completely aghast that it could have been that simple. I didn't have to argue or fight with anyone... they had half a grand of my money, but were ready, willing, AND able to give the money right back. As a brilliant woman once told me, "Things just seem to work out for you." Yes, apparently they do. Next stop, finding a J.O.B.

No comments: