Wednesday, September 28, 2005

PERSONAL A Wedding And A Birthday
This weekend marked two large and significant days. The first, and only slightly less important than the second, was the Two year birthday of this here blog. Two years and seven hundred and fifty posts later... and the blog is still limping along. What was once my safety blanket--to keep me warm and hide me from dangers of the outside world--has, as of late, been a ghost of a blog packed with metaphors as if they were peanuts in a Snickers. *panting*
Wow... okay, what I'm trying to say is that I haven't updated recently and that I'm starting to worry about the future of my beloved blog. In the past, I used the blog because there was no one to talk to, so I talked to everyone. But now there's a lovely young lady in this city whom I can talk to whenever I so desire. I end up spending many of the nights here talking to her about my days instead of writing about them. I think, perhaps, things will change when CDubs gets internet at her apartment, meaning that I can write at her apartment at night. But, for right now, this blog is looking old and haggard on its second birthday.
The other significant day this weekend was Ken's Wedding. It finally happened... my best friend is finally married. And I feel even OLDER (if that's possible). I would love to explain what happened in detail, but I have a feeling that if I try to do the wedding justice, explaining the whole weekend instead of just finishing this post and posting it, I'll end up not posting anything for another week. So I'll just say that the ceremony was very nice, even though Abi's dad gave her a little too many jabs during the service; Stupid Ken looked stupid happy... *shakes fist* Stupid Ken; and I gave the most important public speech of my life--my first toast. I keep thinking about the toast... thinking I could have done better, that I could have better celebrated their special day, and beating myself up a bit for losing my focus when I swallowed back some emotion while talking about Ken's promotion to Staff Sergeant. Miss Chelsey told me to stop beating myself up, that Ken loved it and it was very good for a non-written speech, and she then shoved me into a wall until I moved on. As much of a turn-on as the physical violence was, she is right... Ken enjoyed the toast, and that's all that matters, isn't it? *shakes fist* Stupid Ken!
NATIONAL NEWS DeLay Indicted
Today a Texas grand jury has charged House Majority Leader Tom DeLay with criminal conspiracy. I've heard reports that both this is a major waste of time AND that there's no way he won't be found guilty. From what I've heard, it sounds a little like how they got Capone: Democrats have been criticizing DeLay--claiming he has poor ethical standards--and they may have finally caught him on a technicality. It sounds like DeLay took money from a private company for the Republican National party... but did so in such a way that is technically illegal in Texas, but not necessarily illegal in other states. If this is the case, there's no doubt in my mind that he's probably guilty... as the laws that differ from state to state I have always found silly, particularly if your focus is national, rather than on a state level... and I wouldn't be surprised if someone ignored state laws in lieu of national ones. I've been watching Fox News *gasp* and they are certainly trying to plant the seed that the "rogue" Prosecutor in this case is on a personal vendetta against DeLay. I find Fox News hilarious, as they keep bringing on different guests and starting the questioning to each one with "Hey, do you think this is a personal vendetta, as the experts are saying?" The experts AREN'T saying that! YOU are! Hilarious!

No comments: