Tuesday, February 01, 2005

And the winner is...
Picture number two, obviously, by a landslide. Could you have perhaps been nicer about not liking the first one, though? "The first one looks like you're sitting with a spiky rod shoved up your ass, and like you really need to scratch the herpes on your face, and it looks like someone just told you your dog died and you're happy because you didn't know you had a dog, but you're sad because he's dead." Come on, people! Geez!
Well, by now you've seen what I did to the picture to get it to look pretty. I think I did a pretty good job... but I honestly hope it isn't lost on the places I'm auditioning (I know it will be. I auditioned around 50 for my writing five show, and only a few of the pictures really stuck with me).

Waiting for me in the mail today was the first televised season of SCTV! My dad thought I'd like it and it might come in handy. I've already written an outline based on one of the scenes... but I find much of it antiquated (1981), as part of the 'charm' of Second City is to keep up with current events and trends. Oh well... Joe Janes would probably just tell me that it becomes a huge opportunity for me to update some of the scenes. And I plan on it. Hooray!

I don't like squeeze bottles when they contain something that one has to spread like jelly, mayo, or certain kinds of "fancy" mustard. Give me a bottle, thank you (see what happens when I don't have a list of best and worst things I have to type about everyday?).

Tonight I got stuck watching Secret Window... which is a movie that I wanted to see when it came out, but I didn't because I'm fully opposed to going to out to see movies while I'm single. That doesn't make much sense, I know... but it's the truth. I'm not going to sit in the theatre by myself... that just doesn't appeal to me. Going to see movies is an event... much like going to a theatre show or to a sporting event. Yeah, you could go by yourself... but it's always better with someone else (even if it's worse. [what?] I mean it's better in that it's more of an event than going by yourself, even if it doesn't "go" better [oh... okay]). Back to the movie! Okay! So I was watching Secret Window... and I "figured it out" about ten minutes into the movie, so the whole movie became me waiting for Johnny Depp to figure it out, too. I like Johnny Depp, even in this movie, I just hated the movie. It was so boring... I wasn't tense at all... because I knew exactly what was going to happen. And I find it ironic that Depp talks about the "perfect ending" at the end of the movie... but this movie's ending is anything but. I did like it, though, because I actually found myself rooting FOR Depp. That's the one thing that I will give this movie. I could root for the "bad guy"... and the "good guys"? Fuck 'em... they were boring. (sorry, I just sounded like Gellman there.) The movie pretty much sucked, though.

No comments: