Sunday, February 13, 2005

Two Dreams
I just awoke from two different dreams, actually. In one of them, I was at a get-together with Adam LeClaire and Scott Adar. We were eating pizza... and Adam was unhappy with his pizza, so he decided to make 'smoothies.' I'm almost positive he started with slices of pizza which he put into a blender... then he added a heaping spatula-full of chunky peanut butter and kept blending until it looked smooth and then he added some heavy cream... and, for some reason, when I opened up the blender, I saw chunks of pretzels and Doritos guacamole chips and some popcorn... and I have no idea what that dream was about because my alarm went off right after I said (in the dream) "hey, this actually doesn't look half bad." I said that while looking at chunks of snack food stuck in a peanut butter/pizza/cream base. That is disgusting.
In the earlier dream, I had somehow signed up for a swimming class. When I got there, there were a whole lot of adults just sitting under the water, holding their breath. For some reason, even though I showed up with plenty of time left in the class... I took a supremely long time taking off my jacket and getting ready to go into the water (pretty much fully clothed, too... everyone in the water was almost fully clothed. We might not have been wearing shoes). And, again, for some reason, I had brought King, my stuffed gorilla, with me. When the instructor asked me to get into the pool with everyone else, I brought King with me. *shrug* Then, after about three times doing the 'hold your breath' thing, the instructor and his helpers started setting up volleyball nets for us to play water volleyball. At that point I stopped being awkward, put King with my other stuff (he was magically dry), and went back in to play volleyball. Then something happened and I started dreaming about something else. But, whatever... the early one was weird, huh? I think this dream's an odd little portal into when I used to feel comfortable in water (when I was younger). Something happened to me and I stopped being comfortable in/around water... and I don't remember what that was. So, perhaps, this dream was my mind trying to work through that. Or it was my unconscious reminding me how much I love volleyball. Either way... it was weird because it showed me that, even though I think I'm this great adult doing adult things, I'm still very much a child in various ways. Maybe there are some things I'll never grow out of...

No comments: