Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Facing Demons... and Other Daily Metaphors
Awww... snicker doodles? Do I need to extend my comments section so that everyone can say what they want to say without having to post twice? Um... too bad. Not only would I not do that if I could... but also I can't... do... that. I don't know how. Maybe you should just post smaller things more frequently. Or maybe you've learned your long-winded writing style from watching me. One of those things is true.
Well... as you can tell, another late night for me. But this time it's because I was out, and not because I found myself wallowing, neck deep, in self pity. I went to Adam's tonight, and we just ended up hanging out with Chip and Owen... talking, drinking, ordering an obscene amount of Chinese food for 11 o'clock at night... and just generally livin' it up! I love talking to Chip and Owen... because I have no idea where the conversation is going to end up, but you can bet it's the most intellectual conversation about whatever mundane topic we land on in the history of conversations. It was good.
And it balanced the emotional day I had been having up until that point. I had single-handedly pulled two people down to my emotional state (Delaware!) earlier in the day... one actually about the other, ironically enough. But something happened today that should have happened a long time ago, and I'm not sure what I was waiting for. Oh wait... yes I do. Hmm... this is one of those things that I don't share with you loyal readers. Yes, as honest as this blog is... there is, in fact, juicy stuff that I don't let you know. And this, dear reader, is one of those times. But I can say that a reconnection was made today that's been a long time coming... and I think both of us will probably be better off for it. Heh... we'll see soon enough, won't we kids? G.Damnit I hate being cryptic! Maybe I'll just get some sleep... my sleep patterns have been butchered enough for one week.
Oh... by the way, I took Big J's advice and I sent out my resume via email today. There's one place in particular that I'm looking to hear back from. It's supposedly a full-time, data entry/computer skills required clerical support position at an engineering firm. They said casual dress... and I can certainly handle the computer part. We'll see. BTW II, J Dub, they're auditioning for "Forever Plaid" here in Chicago... but it's a weekend I was planning on going home. Is it worth me cutting short my vacation to audition? Holla back, playa!

No comments: