Sunday, January 15, 2006

FOOTBALL Ding Dong The Pats Are Done... Finally
Saturday night, I was lucky enough to watch the Broncos (who I hate) beat the Patriots (who I REALLY hate). I was NOT impressed by the Broncos. You hear sometimes about how certain teams can only lose when they beat themselves... and that's what the Patriots' five turnovers tell me. Add to that a phantom pass interference which gave the Broncos a first down at the one yard line... and the Patriots did everything they could to give the game away. I feel bad for Troy Brown, whom I respect... his muffed punt just added fuel to the fire. But I'm so happy that Tom Brady and his stupid face lost... I can't tell you. Christmas will come twice this year for me... and Saturday night was Christmas number one. I hope Brady will be able to take solace in his GAP ads. What? Oh... I meant Abercrombie ads. What? Oh... I meant GQ. What? That was Brady Quinn? My bad.
One more thing. Someone recently said that if Belichick had won his fourth Super Bowl in five years, that the Lombardi trophy should be renamed the Belichick trophy. I have heard blasphemy before... and that was one of the worst I've ever heard. Without Lombardi, there would be no trophy to win... you HAVE to give props to the original. Lombardi won three million World Championships for the Packers before there was even a "Super Bowl" to win. It's the Lombardi Trophy, bitches... deal with it.
FOOTBALL "Bless His Heart, He's Got To Be The Sickest Man In America"
The Colts/Steelers Game turned out to be one of the most exciting postseason games I've ever seen. Mike Vanderjagt, that idiot kicker, shanked the hell out of a kick in the fourth quarter that would have sent the game into overtime. In all honesty, this post could have had the same title and been about Jerome Bettis... whose fourth quarter, goal line fumble could have cost the Steelers the game. But, alas, it was not... and the Pittsburgh Steelers, who were almost robbed with Polamalu's interception that was that wasn't (What?) (Oh... I meant that Polamalu DID intercept a pass late in the game but it was ruled that he didn't). They were saying in the post-game that it would have been high-way robbery for the Steelers, the sixth seed, to have not won this game. The Steelers looked like the better team from beginning to--almost--end... but I am feeling bad for the Colts fans (whom I love) and for Dungy (whom I respect). Congratulations to the Steelers who should, if they play next week like they did this, should have no problem beating Denver in Denver. It's my hope that Bettis gets his Super Bowl ring and can go out a champion.

No comments: