Sunday, January 22, 2006

FOOTBALL Steelers Going To Super Bowl; Crazy Told You So
Well, maybe not you specifically... but I certainly told Randi in an email this past week that I thought these Steelers would be the first ever sixth seed to make it to the Superbowl. When they beat the Colts (in my opinion, the best team in the league) so convincingly and IN Indianapolis, I figured the Broncos probably wouldn't be able to stop them either. Least we forget, this is a Steelers team one year removed from a 15-1 record. They are still, basically, the same team... perhaps even better than last year. Roethlisberger is amazing and the passing game is clicking. The defense is solid, tough, fast, and talented. The Steelers are a very good team and deserve to be in the Superbowl. We'll see if my other pick (the Panthers) do as well. I'll be typing again soon, I'm sure.
FOOTBALL At Least Favre Won Something This Year: Wins Fox's "NFL Sexiest Man" Competition
I was watching Fox's conference championship pre-game show... and Brett Favre beat out Arizona's kicker (Rackers) as the NFL's sexiest man. Hey, congratulations Brett... you sexy bitch. I would now like to beg you to come back for one more season... but can't, in good conscious, do it. I wouldn't want to come back to the mess that awaits you in Green Bay... and I won't blame you if you retire. Enjoy being sexy though... you've always got your looks.
LOCAL NEWS Horrible Economy THIS!: Chicago Bar Sells $950 Cocktail
Here is a story from Yahoo!News about a bar owner in Chicago who has started selling a $950 cocktail called the Ruby Red. Why is it so expensive? The drink comes complete with a one carat, grade-A ruby. The drink is sold at a club called Reserve. And, talk about your slow news day, you can actually go to the Reserve website and see a 40 second piece from CNN about the drink. Nice reporting work, CNN. (and you, John) (shut up! I'm not CNN!)
Regardless of my ramblings, can anyone here imagine having enough money lying around so that you could spend almost a grand on a drink? And, even if you had that much money, aren't there better things to spend your money on than an alcoholic beverage? Shouldn't there be? You could, for instance, sponsor an entire third-world village full of children for a year an a half for a grand. Believe me... or call 1 800 *trails off*

No comments: