Thursday, January 26, 2006

PERSONAL "Fat Bastard" And Other Cute Nicknames
Monday night was yet another in the series of 15-minute improv sets for my Conservatory Class. I chose to wear khaki pants to this show, which is something I haven't done for a show in a long time. I've got new black dress shoes, so I've been wearing black. Regardless, I was going to wear khaki to this past show, right? So Chelsey nicely ironed my pants for me (isn't that sweet?)and everything was ready and I was running out of time and my pants didn't fit. Not even close to fitting. But they were ironed... and I didn't have time to iron other pants, so I did I trick I saw in jeans commercials where you lie down and then try to put the pants on. The "trick" worked... but I was pretty much as uncomfortable as any person in the history of pants. The show actually went well... partially because I was too worried about my pants to care if I sucked. And, by getting out of my head, I was able to relax and do the show. Fernando and I actually had a really great scene to start the show which set us up for a great show (I think). We started the show with a scene were I was "bugged" and trying to gather intel on Fernando. It was pretty good, if I do say so myself. Not that you asked, because you didn't. But it set a good tone for the show.
PERSONAL 8 Months And A Rainforest
This past Monday was Chelsey and my eight month anniversary. To celebrate, after my improv set, we went to the Rainforest Cafe--my first trip to the aforementioned restaurant. She and I had a fabulous waiter named Dany. He took very good care of us, and we didn't even have to mention that it was our anniversary. For dessert, we got the $12 Volcano. When you order that dessert they come out with it yelling "Volcano!" which is about five-shades of annoying. We asked Dany not to yell... and he didn't. He also didn't charge us for a soda, a lemonade, and a refill on an alcoholic drink with bananas and chocolate. We must have gotten close the that $12 back in all the free drinkage. So we left a pretty big tip (besides, Dany was awesome).
PERSONAL I'm Going To Kill That Phuking Dog
Recently--as in the past month or so--someone with a barking dog moved in below or somewhere around me. I call it a barking dog because it barks. For hours at a time. Almost every night. If, at any time, I actually find that dog... I'm going to kick it as hard and as far as I can. You all know me, I LOVE dogs. I am a dog guy... and for the first few nights, I was okay with the barking. But it's been a couple weeks. I'm most mad at the owner. What are they doing? Every night?! What are they DOING at night? I'm going to find those people and bark at them! Ha HA!
NATIONAL NEWS Good-bye Quality Control: Disney To Buy Pixar
Here is a story from Yahoo!News about Disney buying Pixar for $7.4 Billion. I love Pixar movies. I hate Disney movies. This is a problem for me. Now I don't know if I'm supposed to love Pixar/Disney movies or hate them. I guess this is another case of the rich getting richer. Pixar is amazing... and I think they'll have continued success as long as Disney doesn't try to control the quality of Pixar films. If Disney doesn't stick it's clean-as-a-whistle nose into Pixar's business, Pixar might continue to make quality films. We'll see, won't we?
FOOTBALL Seahawks Win Big; Will Face Steelers In Superbowl
This past weekend, the Seahawks won a huge championship game over the Carolina Panthers. This will be their first ever trip to the Superbowl in the team's 30 year history. I'm happy for Seahawks fans... because their teams have been so bad for so long. And, to be honest, Seattle looked like the better team from beginning to end. They are obviously the best team in the NFC... with a balanced offense, and a surprisingly good defense. Unfortunately, I don't think that they're good enough to beat the Steelers, who have looked UNREAL in the playoffs. The Steelers look like they're clearly the best team in the league right now. I think the only thing that can beat the Steelers is the two weeks off. The Steelers were on such a roll... they look amazing. I think the Steelers will probably win this Superbowl by 14, unless the time off gets them in their heads.

No comments: