Tuesday, January 31, 2006

PERSONAL The BIG Move Begins
This weekend, I officially started moving my stuff into Chelsey's apartment. I realize that I'll be in this apartment (my current apartment) until the end of March... but I also realize that a lot of the moving out is going to be done by ME during the week while she's at work. So this weekend I brought up two boxes of books, a huge box of CDs, and a gigantic suitcase of clothing to Chelsey's apartment. I also, finally, successfully connected a computer to Chelsey's cable internet. This has been a long time coming with two unsuccessful attempts and much broken computage left in my wake.
This weekend has also been a long time coming. For weeks I've been saying that I need to start bringing my stuff up to Chelsey's. It's going to be a very long move when I move from my place to hers... so I want to start with the little things early. But I hadn't done anything, until this past weekend. I'm trying to reassure CWage that my hesitancy has nothing to do with the emotional part of moving in... but has everything to do with the inertia of moving from a place that has been my home for the past two and a half years--the second longest tenure of my adult life (much more than any place in Albion). Additionally, there's a stress and inertia to any move simply in the pure energy expended by physically moving all your stuff. But this weekend was big... and over the next two months, I'll be slowly moving myself from one apartment to another, packing up my old life and moving into a new one.
NATIONAL NEWS You May Soon Have To Pay For This--> :(
Cingular Wireless... that amazing beacon of technology... may soon patent the emoticon. Don't believe me? Here's the story. You may notice it gives a patent number at the end of the article. I checked the patent number and it's not officially a patent yet. But, imagine the repercussions of a company OWNING the emoticon. What the phuk(TM)? How will people communicate over instant messenger programs? They might have to *gasp* ACTUALLY TYPE WORDS! *faints*
SPORTS NEWS Aggies NOT Rooting For Seahawks, I'd Wager
Here's a story about how Texas A&M is upset at the Seattle Seahawks. Apparently, Texas A&M has trademarked the "12th man" twice. The only reason I would be on the Aggies side for this is that Classy Rob is an A&M grad. The thought of the fans as the "12th Man" is cute... but, excuse me, flying a #12 flag and retiring the #12 is just on that side of stupid. However, I feel like the "12th man" has entered into the lexicon of sporting cliches (with "threepeat"... sorry Coach Riley)... so it's only a matter of time before every team calls their fanatical fans the "12th Men and Women" in a totally cliched, PC way. *gag*

No comments: