Monday, July 05, 2004

From bad to worse...
Is basically how my day went. I woke up with my alarm at 8:30 and then promptly hit the snooze (as is my custom... hey! I live alone! I'm not bothering anyone, shut up!). But, today instead of hitting the snooze, I accidentally turned the alarm off. I realized this when my boss text messaged me at 10:30 to say that the Noon meeting with the area developer had been cancelled (again... second time in two weeks this guy has cancelled. So not a real shock). After sleeping in way too long, I decided to hit my emails and see what was happening. As is customary, Andrea emailed me something from corporate to look at. I opened it. My computer got infected with a virus. The viruses name is Backdoor.Coreflood (or just Coreflood)... and it is a Trojan Horse virus. I'm sure I could tell you everything there is to know about this virus, because I spent the next 3 hours trying to get it off my computer. My Norton Antivirus (which is by far the best anti-virus software on the market) cannot quarantine, repair, nor delete the infected file. It can only tell me it's infected. I followed the instructions on the Norton Antivirus software on how to remove the virus... and it still will not delete the file (yes, even in safe mode). This made me very very angry, upset, and frustrated. I know everything there is to know about this virus (it implants itself in your Windows system file [for WIN XP that's the System32 folder]... changes a line of code, and proceeds to work in conjunction with the explorer.exe program. Since explorer.exe is a very basic program, it's always on when you're computer's on... it's basically one of the fundamental programs of your OS [if you've got a PC, I think Mac users are fine {except they suck}]). And I used to do just this for two summers... getting viruses off computers was my job for 40 hours a week for two summers... I can do it with my eyes closed. But I can't get this stupid file to go away. I'm basically going to have to break down and call someone at Dell or maybe even Norton to get this fixed.
At any rate, this whole virus thing put me in a piss-poor mood all day. I went in to work and Andrea wasn't there and all sorts of shit needed to be done and I just kind of snapped. I called her on my way back to my apartment (sidenote... I really wanted Thai tonight, but my place was closed because it was July 5th... what a crock of shit! You people are Taiwanese... do you even care about America's independence?) and told her that there was a line to the door [which there was] and that she should probably call someone to get them to come into work. She called me back fifteen to twenty minutes later, said she saw the line and didn't think it was anything that the people in the store couldn't handle. Furthermore, what she was doing was "too important" to leave to go into the store. Now I fully understand that she's the president of a growing company which is looking to triple its businesses in less than a month, but she's also the manager of an ice cream store... and the managing is not getting done. I understand that she's got more important things to do now, but I also know that shit at the store isn't getting done and that's because there isn't someone there to make sure it gets done. If she's going to have someone else manage that store, now is the time to have them start. Frankly, I'm tired of going into that store and having to worry about everything that needs to be done. I want to feel like there's someone who's going to make sure it gets f--king done... and I don't want that person to be me. If that person IS me, than I want that to be my job... and not all this other shit.
After that conversation, I turned my phone off (a more and more common occurrence) and I went grocery shopping. I spent around $130 at CostCo just getting stupid stuff that I needed, but that were supplemental to my REAL groceries at Dominicks. Just to complete the shittiness of my day, Dominicks' bread aisle looked like a Russian grocery store after the fall of communism. I mean, there was NOTHING... which means I'm going to have to f--king go back there later just to get bread. I honestly had to stop myself from crying or grabbing a Dominicks' employee by the throat and saying "Where are my fucking bagels?!"... and it's ridiculous, in a city this size, to ever run out of something as essential as bread in a grocery store. I damn near hopped in my car and drove to KZoo for the night. But it was already pretty late here, and it would have been REALLY late by the time I got there... but I just want to be someplace that has bread... I need bread, and I need someone there to say "it's okay... here's some bread. Go make yourself a sandwich, you overly-dramatic piece of shit", and I'll say "Thanks Father... nice sermon last Sunday". And scene...

No comments: