Sunday, July 11, 2004

I wish that I had Kelly's girl
Man... dude... where can I find a woman like that?
That had nothing to do with anything, besides the fact that I've got less than a week to memorize three songs. Unfortunately for me, I've got less than 6 hours to memorize 14 5-page scenes (that's 70 pages, kids). The scenes should go okay, though. I mean, it's just rehearsal. It's not as if I'm going to have to perform them in front of hundreds of people I don't know at someone's wedding. Come correct!
I don't know what that meant, but I do know I'm listening to the best of House of Pain/Everlast... so mayhaps I'm Jumping Around. You'll never know.
This is a totally random post... and for that, I apologize. I guess I'm in a really weird mood. I've been busting my ass for weeks, and today is a 'test' of sorts: off book for the entire show. I don't feel ready, so I'm nervous. And, just to add gratuitous pressure, I've got to write a script for tomorrow night. Tomorrow should be fun, too, because Stephan (soon-to-be manager of the North Avenue Coldstone) and I are going to order stuff from Sysco AND we get to figure out the schedule for next week. I've never done the schedule before... and I fully anticipate a flurry of calls saying "I can't work on such and such a day" and me saying "Wow... I really don't give a shit. Switch with someone, you idiot". Andrea and I talked about this before she left. Apparently lots of people just want someone to listen to their situation or their problems or whatever... and I could care less. This is work. I don't care why you can't work Saturday night, don't tell me about it, just get someone to switch with you. >massive sigh< People! Geez!

Well... I'm looking forward to this week, even though today, tomorrow, and possibly even Tuesday might all suck. Oh... and Saturday might suck from a "forgot lyrics to a song in front of people" kind of way. But I've been looking forward to Ken's visit and seeing Nate for over a month. I can't wait to leave Coldstone and all the "new stores" crap behind for a few days.
I think I've stalled enough. I've gotta go through my scripts another time, shower and eat, and go through them once more before rehearsal. Hope everyone's having a more relaxing weekend than I am.

No comments: