Thursday, July 08, 2004

Holy crap... get me out of this week
I now can say nothing more than I hate my improv class. I still love lots of people in my class... and my instructors I don't even mind (Jen Bills is awesome!). But it's just the amount of people in that class and the format... whatever. We just learned this week that we ARE going to perform as a large group of 15 or 16 instead of two classes of 8. We'll actually decide who is going to play what games for the show next Tuesday. I am NOT looking forward to this performance, and I suggest that you don't waste your time by trying to come to it.
However, I'm very excited about my Level 5 show which opens July 30th at 10 PM. I think I might be willing to even buy people tickets... but I'm not dealing with parking this time. There's a parking garage near The Second City... and I think it's like twenty-some dollars to stay 12-24 hours. It's easier and cheaper for me to buy everyone tickets than to try to figure out where everyone's going to park. You could pull a Randi/Sarah/Amber and get yourself a hotel with a parking garage... then I'd probably even pay for your CTA pass for the evening. I'm just sick of dealing with parking in this f--king city. But it's going to be a really good show and I'll be in lots of it... so a good opportunity to see what I've been up to for a year. I'll probably be sending a few mass emails as soon as I get enough time to respond to those emails I already have to respond to (to which I already have to respond). Hooray for grammar! But, yeah, basically I have to email people back first (which may take awhile, since I haven't emailed back some people in weeks).
Yesterday, during my personal training, Thad told me that he can tell that I'm getting stronger. He even said it as if it was obvious. It totally made me want to celebrate... which I did by doin' some skull crushers and some v-bar pull-downs. You know how we do.
Speaking of kicking ass... I kicked that virus' ass (hopefully)! I actually restarted the computer in the command prompt and figured out how to find and delete the file that was infected. The good news: no virus. The bad news: I have no idea what the file which I deleted does. I wrote down the name of it, and I might see if I can copy it from another computer and just put it right where the other one was... I don't know. It's my guess that a .dll file doesn't do a whole lot besides supplement a larger file or program. But, then again, I'm just making that up.

The North Avenue Coldstone now opens on August 7th... instead of sometime in July. This is good news, in that it gives us another week or two to open the store. Unfortunately, August 7th is also my parent's wedding anniversary. Be in two places at once? Even I'm not that good... but I think this means I won't be able to see my parents on their anniversary. Hopefully I'll get to call them, but I don't even think that will be the case. My guess is that I'll be running around like a stupid bastard all morning and then pretending to be nice to ice cream eaters all evening. Poop on that day. I guess the good news is that I'll be 2/5 done with my Writing five shows, so a lot of my stress should be gone. We'll see.

No comments: