Wednesday, July 21, 2004

It never ends
Last night I went to a "student-lead" Improv class. I put student lead in quotes because that phrase seems to connote that someone was actually leading... which was not the case. I got so upset at how much of a waste of time it was, that I almost just left. Nobody seems interested in playing along... and, what's worse, there are definitely people who just want to do their own thing and they really aren't interested in what you're saying or trying to do. That just burns me up inside. Regardless, it was really well "put together" by someone from the class... who basically figured we'd all be adult enough to lead ourselves. Still, not the case. Then everyone went out for drinks afterwards, and I couldn't stand being around them long enough to drink anything, so I didn't go. On top of the behavior of the students, the instructors didn't cast me in any good games. I'm in SLSR (shift left, shift right), which could be a good game, but it's not. And I'm also in a game called City Bus, which ranks up as one of my least favorite games ever. It easily lends itself to having 8 people (it's a large game) all on stage at the same time talking all at once with no one listening. This is KILLER because half my class does that anyway.
After that crappy rehearsal, I went and saw Dodgeball with Andrea @ the AMC River East. The interesting part about the location is that Andrea had never been to the River East, even though she's lived in Chicago her whole life. I guess I just can't imagine not going someplace like a movie theatre in your hometown, as my hometown was so ridiculously small. Furthermore, she said she didn't even know the AMC existed... and I really can't imagine that. The movie had it's moments... and it definitely had great lines. It's one of those movies where you could be talking to someone about the movie and go back and forth with funny lines... how did that not make sense? It made so much sense in my head. And then, reading it, I'm thinking "What am I trying to say THERE?" It doesn't matter... what I mean is that Dodgeball is the kind of movie that I could be in. I could be in it right now, if I were in LA and cast in that movie, I would have fit right in.
I wasn't able to work out today. I went to XSport, and they were unable to print out the ticket I needed. They said that I had worked ahead of my payment schedule, and that I would be unable to train until I had been billed for it. I guess that's okay, as it's been a long time since I lifted, and I was really tired. But it sucked, because I was prepared to lift. I did get a chance to talk more to Julie, who seems to be the only staff member at XSport who knows my name. And she's cute, so that's a plus. Knows my name, cute, has a pulse... my kinda lady.

No comments: