Saturday, July 31, 2004

Opening Night
I hate how the media is treating Ricky Williams' failed drug test as the reason why he retired. It's as if the media doesn't understand Ricky's lack of greed, and how he wants to be out of the spotlight... so they're trying to find anything as the reason why he just up and quit football. Maybe Ricky realized there's more to life than football... or maybe Ricky doesn't want to end up with the knee problems that Earl Campbell and (more recently) Jerome Bettis seem to have. You know, it's nice to be able to walk in your mid-thirties.
Thursday afternoon I had a "what am I doing" moment. I spotted Andrea and Brian walking down Wells, so I started walking with them. Andrea was going to meet her brother Adam for an early dinner, so I sat outside with them while they waited. When Adam arrived, he was introduced to Brian and asked him what Brian does for the store. Brian replied "I take care of inventory, and I order stuff from Sysco... that kind of stuff". Now if someone were to ask me what I do for the store, that's probably how I would've answered. I sat while Brian answered, agape, wondering what it is that I do now for this company. I'm still working on that, I'll let you know when I find out.
Thursday evening was the 3rd Annual World's Largest Ice Cream Social. For three years, Coldstone has used this day to raise money for the Make-A-Wish foundation. For some odd reason, I found myself setting this all up Thursday evening... and telling everyone what to do and how to do it. I really don't understand what I'm doing... but whatever. We raised a LOT of money for Make-A-Wish... and I do feel proud about that. And here's no segue...
I just got a letter slid under my door on Friday. As of Monday, August 2nd, Planned Property Management is planning on showing my apartment. And the fun news is that they're planning on showing my apartment pretty much any time of any day during the week: Monday-Friday 10-8PM, Saturday 10-7PM, and Sunday 10-6PM. I feel like a bitch... like the building somehow owns me. And, to make matters worse, they said that I had until July 20th to renew my lease. This Donna woman called me last weekend (after the 20th) to renew my lease. We talked and she said that she would call me Tuesday. Did she call me Tuesday? No... she did not. The reason I haven't called her back is this whole ComEd/electricity bill thing. I supposedly owe 10-11 months of electricity bills which I didn't know about. I'm waiting until I get those bills before I can yell at everyone involved.
I got a call from my mom and dad at around 4 today. They decided they were too tired to show up to opening night. So not only did my sister cancel on me Thursday night, my parents cancelled Friday afternoon... I went from having my whole family at opening night, to having none of them in less than a day.
Speaking of my family not coming, no one I know showed up to opening night. I was supposed to have my boss, Brian, Kat, Keith and his wife and their friends there, and Amy said she might come. So I was thinking I was going to have 7 or 8 people coming... and none of them showed. I don't think I had a single person I knew in the audience opening night. And that was hard to take... it even hurt that Andrea didn't show up, because I told her that my parents were no longer coming. Whatever...
RIP "Traveling Through". We've got four scenes that we're rotating into the show... and they're going to replace a scene called "Traveling Through". That scene was the three men in the cast, and I got to play a creepy backwoods gasoline attendant name Enus. I became very comfortable with Enus... and he will be missed. I thought it was a very good scene... but there was something about it being all the men in the cast that made it replaceable.
After the show, we had a couple "cast party" type things. We went to the Fireplace Inn (on Wells)... and I got some food. Then we went to the Ole Town Pub on North, and some chick who came to the show bought me a PBR. Nice, huh? Well... she was already drunk, so whatever.
At about 2 am, Brian called me to apologize. Turns out he and his boyfriend broke up... and he was (understandably) too upset to come to the show. It was cool that he called, which is more than I can say for my boss.

No comments: