Friday, August 05, 2005

Green Bay and Scrimmage Weekend!
Hey all... I'm sitting in my apartment, waiting for my family to come pick me up. We're headed up to GB this weekend to see the Packer's Family Night. The Pack are playing a scrimmage against the Buffalo Bills. I look forward to seeing how close to a pre-season game a scrimmage really is.
Additionally, Pre-season officially starts tomorrow with the American Bowl from Tokyo. We'll see Michael Vick versus Peyton Manning... for about ten snaps. And then we'll see them on the bench. Exciting, huh? No? Don't blame you...
I also spent some time today thinking about whether or not I could actually have played football. I mean, for reals. And I don't think I could have. It's not that I don't have the mind for the game... I certainly understand it. It's not necessarily that I don't have the talent, either. I'm fairly quick, have pretty good hands, and could be strong enough with a proper commitment to training. I think my problem has always been my temperament. When I play football, I'm happy! It's a fun game and I love it. I can't translate that into anything but a playful competition with friends or acquaintances. In the end, I just can't hate anyone while I'm playing football. I can be ticked at myself... but I can't be angry enough to be one of the brutish men who play football well. Just my thoughts...
Also in sports news, I see that Chelios and Schneider both resigned with the Wings. Dande-wuss is gone... boo-hoo to that. I see he signed with Montreal, where his slightly effeminate nature will blend right in with the French Canadians. Good for him. And good for the Blackhawks, who signed Nikoli Khabibulin and, gasp, Martin LaPointe! My one-time hated Martin LaPointe for making Laura love him so... I will now get to see him play this season for around $10 a ticket?! Nice. The Blackhawks also signed Matthew Barnaby last season... he being one of my favorite, gritty role-type players. Could I possibly be, gasp again, excited to see a Blackhawks game this season?! Possibly. Lest anyone think the game has past by the 32-year-old Khabibulin, don't forget that he was the last Stanley Cup winning goalie. Yeah. So take that.

No comments: