Thursday, August 25, 2005

"NEWS" The "P" Too Many Letters: Diddy Now Just Diddy
I just saw that Diddy, formerly P. Diddy, formerly Puff Daddy, formerly Sean "Puffy" Combs, is going to be hosting the 2005 Video Music Awards on MTV. This is not news. I'm going to be interested to see (read: I'm NOT going to watch) what Diddy does as host. I believe Diddy can now safely fall into the category of "people who are famous for being famous." I mean, what has Diddy done lately? Anything? Anything besides ridiculously changing his name again? Yeah... I can't think of anything either.
PERSONAL Apartment Viewing Monday
I went apartment viewing this past Monday. I would have said "shopping" but the word shopping implies that one can actually exchange money for goods and/or services. This is not the case... as I was simply spending my time viewing apartments for which I would not be exchanging money. It was good for me to reconnoiter, I suppose, but I'm a few weeks from actually having to move. I feel like I should be more prepared to move, both mentally and financially, and I'm really not. I was, however, upset enough last night with my elevators (both were broken at the same time) that I told Emcee Dubs that I WAS ready to leave this building and this area. And, honestly, I'm sick of not being able to walk down to a corner grocery/convenience store, or a bar... I mean, it'll take me five to ten minutes to walk to those places... and I really want something right on the corner that I can claim ownership of. "That's my bar!" I'll say, proudly smiling, arms akimbo. Do I sound lame? *sigh* I thought so.
PERSONAL Good-bye Gym Memberships: High Blood-Pressure Is Here To Stay!
Yesterday I emailed a letter through the USPS website to my gym. First of all, yes, I did say that I emailed something through the Post Office. Secondly, let me tell you that my stupid gym required me to send them something via CERTIFIED mail or else they would charge me $540 for a renewal! Grr to my X-Gym X-Sport! Do you even know what certified mail is? I had to look it up! It's an annoying and more expensive way to do business (that's their tag line). But a heavy *sigh* must go to my misspent gym membership. I'm just not meant to belong to a gym. What I need is something related to sports. I need to be able to play sports with people... that's the only way I'm going to get into shape. Stupid shape!
PERSONAL Tech Rehearsal Tuesday: Show Opens Tonight!
Yes, kiddies, after a couple months of rehearsal, the day is finally here. To say I'm excited for this show would be an understatement... as I actually have absolutely no idea how the audience will react to this show. I've been both impressed and disappointed by the writing and the acting... and have now grown to love the show so much that I don't know if it's funny or not. We, the actors (and the writers), have so much fun with the show that I'm not sure whether or not people will laugh as much as we do when we're rehearsing. I'm also going to be interested to see how I respond to having three hours of class and THEN trying to perform on stage. I have no idea how my body/mind will respond. My guess is that I'll be fine until AFTER the show, when I collapse into a heap of overweight, sweaty actor. Mmm... I'm attractive.

No comments: