Friday, September 10, 2004

Let's talk about the 4-9-2-2-4! (AKA The 5-1-7)
I got a piece of mail in my mailbox from my parents... who in turn received the mail from Albion. A section of that mailing that caught my attention was the Albion Alumni auction. People who aren't Albion alums need not apply. I went to the website to check it out, and one item in particular has my interest. What is it, you ask? Hmm... I'm not going to say, but it's something that I think would be really awesome to be able to do. Also, I think I have a good shot at it, because I'm willing to spend about eight times the starting bid price. Aren't mysteries fun?!
Speaking of fun, another piece of that mailing contained an invitation to all Alumni to come and sing at Albion's Homecoming. That sounds like fun... because I miss singing. And I miss the super hot Chelsey Wagemaker. And I miss feeling important (like a rock star). Which reminds me, Dr. Rose apparently announced in choir class that I was going to be at Homecoming. In addition, he announced something else to entice people to go on the choir trip to England.
Yeah, Albion's choir is going to England next year... and so am I. He announced that I was going on the trip to entice more people in the choir to go. I'm a reward! But seriously folks, I know I don't have the money to go to England... but I also have never been to any other country (besides Canada... and that's just "safe America"). Granted, England is "Olde America"... but it's a step up. Someone once said that money's made to be spent... so that's what I'm going to be doing. I want to go to England... and I'm gonna, darned it!

That was lame. You get what you pay for, dear reader. If you wanted something interesting or humorous, you'll have to go to my paysite. Kids, get your parents' permission (that means you Nick). But, speaking of paying for my services, I was talking to Katie Aumann recently. (Yes, think gross things... now take a step towards the less gross stuff... now one more... now two more... now realize it isn't gross at all, you perve). Katie said she'd be into starting an improv group at Albion (which I wanted to do two years ago, but never had time). I've started thinking about a few improv exercises and games I could go over with her that might help. And that leads me to start thinking about how great it would be to teach people improv. Then I realize that I have no knowledge that anyone would pay me to teach someone else... so I stop thinking about teaching.

No comments: