Monday, September 20, 2004

PACK 1-1... Let's talk about everything but football
Sunday I spent in Aurora with Keith and Adam. We messed around with scripts for a while, Keith showed us a few things on his guitar and drums. He also showed us a tape of him in high school... which he wants to use to create a character that we would write into a movie. I think it would be interesting... but I think it would be tough to write an improv created character. I suppose it would be a good learning experience for me. Or something. Keith also started singing this simple song... and then Adam had an idea to make it a weird foreign song (it's a funny little song), and then I had an idea... and in ten minutes we had Keith going from "There's just this other stupid little song I wrote" to saying "Oh my God that's awesome! That is awesome!" It's a really weird song and the ideas are just absurdly weird... but we're probably going to perform it. Death face!
I couldn't sleep last night (moron that later). I was actually inspired to be political, and write a politically motivated scene. I finished it this morning... it seems almost interesting and half-way funny. If we don't put it in the level 5 show, we might put it in the hour-long Keith/Dave/Adam/John/Token woman show.
Yesterday I played some more KOTOR. And it was weird because something in the plot actually made me say "wow, I didn't see that coming". That's pretty rare... and I love it when that happens! Speaking of, Donnie Darko the Director's Cut is out in theatres. If I actually get some free time, I would love to go see it in the theatre. I love that movie.

I always find it amusing to hear about when people can't sleep. Especially when there's really no reason for it. I'm tired as shit... I wake up tired (probably has to do with the condition of my "bed". I need a new futon), yet I still find myself struggling for sleep at night. Last night is a perfect example. I played KOTOR until I was too tired to even look at the screen and then went to bed. Two times while I was lying down, I had to turn the light on and write something down: an idea for a scene or an improvement on an existing one. This isn't the amusing part... I love it when two different people both can't sleep at the same time. Normally that means that something's going on that affects both of them... but with the advent of blogging, I can see someone else is having trouble sleeping across the country on the same night I'm having trouble sleeping. It makes me feel connected, even though I feel very isolated here in Chicago from who I used to be. I wonder if me then would like me now? I doubt it.

No comments: