Friday, September 17, 2004

Out Wide to Steeno
Check this out! I found this football (soccer) chant at footballchants.org! It's from Norwich under the "O"s! LOOK!

" 'Out wide to Steeno'
(tune: Molly Malone )
In Norfolk's fine City
Where the girls are so pretty
I first set my eyes on young Malky Mackay
As he wheeled his wheel barrow
Down streets by the Carrow
Swinging long balls & headers out wide to Steeno
Out wide to Steeno, out wide to Steeno
Swinging long balls & headers out wide to Steeno"

In my head, it sounds like an Irish drinking song. I'll sing it to you, if ever we meet. But it's to the tune of Molly Malone... which is a tune I don't know. I'm also trying to track down who this Steeno dude is. I have every indication that his name is Steen Nedergaard... and that he, at one time, played for the Norwich City Canary's football team. I'm awesome!

No comments: