Saturday, September 11, 2004

When is Thursday night a Monday night? When it's NFL Kickoff Night!
Yes, I indeed spent my Thursday night watching the Pats/Colts game. It turned out to be an amazing game, even though the wrong team one in the end. Yes... the Patriots looked good. They looked really, really good. However, if the Colts defense could've stopped the Pats' offense (easier said than done, as it's more difficult this year than last), they might've had a chance. But they couldn't... so that's that.
In happier news, Nate should be happy as the Lions are a "dark-horse" for pretty much everyone who is trying to come up with a dark horse for the season. Why not? With an offense that, though young, might be making huge strides forward this year. Their defense needs some work... but they seem to hold up when they really have to... and their special teams are always pretty good. This could be a pretty even (.500) season for the Lions.
Friday night was the Miami/Florida State game. If you stopped watching this game early, shame on you. Both Brock Berlin and Chris Rix SUCK. They both SUCK big time! Miami's defense looks as good as they always are... and Florida State's defense also looked good. But I don't know if both defenses just showed how useless both these QBs are or if the QBs made the defense look good. Regardless... not a whole lot happened throughout the game. Until the end. The end of the game was awesome, and it was no surprise to me that Miami ended up winning. Both of these teams aren't as good as people thought they should be, so look for OU, USC, and Georgia (maybe) to be the best three teams in the country.

I was shocked to see that my blog hit 4,000 hits in just six months! That is, without a doubt, incredible. This is for a site that was created just to give me someplace to put all the crap floating around in my head. Thank you all, for still coming back to see all my boring and slightly useless ramblings.

Saturday came and I was at work when the Notre Dame/Michigan game started. I figured this was just as well... as it was going to be a slaughter. As Chris Berman would say, "That's why they play the game". I got to my apartment with Michigan driving down the field... up 6-0 late in the second quarter. I said to myself "hmm... interesting. Notre Dame's hanging in there." Then, on a 3rd and goal from the five yard line, Michigan handed the ball off and got about two yards. What they should have done was pass a fade to Braylon Edwards, as he's easily four or five inches taller than anyone in NDs defensive backfield. At that point I said to myself "They've (Notre Dame) got a chance in this game. Michigan's playing not to lose." Then the second half happened. Wow. Notre Dame finally realized all that potential I've heard about. Willingham finally had the offense playing like an offense that doesn't suck. And it's been two seasons since Notre Dame's seen that (at least). It turned out to be a fantastic display by ND's full team: rush offense, pass offense, and defense (special teams are for pussies). Don't expect ND to win many more games this season, maybe getting 6 more... and don't expect Michigan to forget this game, in another season watch out for a 30 or 40 point beat down. But this year... today's our day (I think that was mixing metaphors... oh well).

I recently started playing Star Wars: KOTOR. I'm not much into the Role Playing Games, but this one is different. Everyone says so, so it must be true. I've never really played an RPG before... but a lot of the elements from Zelda games come into play, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with the format. This is, though, my first RPG experience... and they've really done it right. Fighting is still technically turn-based, but it's in real-time. So you can send your character, like I do, directly into the bad guys and just let 'em go nuts. That's basically my strategy, to send Wedge Steeno straight into the guys and have him cut 'em up. (Yeah, I named my character 'Wedge Steeno'... I thought that was really REALLY clever) And I'm pretty obsessed with leveling up and gaining XP. I'm lame.

Yeah, I woke up today wanting a new style... and new look. So instead of buying a new wardrobe, I decided to give a new look to my blog! It's one of the templates, but I moded it just a tad. It was fun to sit and figure out how to modify the ol' blog. It was important to keep it as fun as the last one, but to not be a big bitch and lose all the comments and the site tracker thingy. I'm really good at computers, can't you tell from the talking I can do about it? I'm an idiot.

No comments: