Sunday, September 05, 2004

Update from August 29
Sunday morning I had brunch with Jason. I figured we could go to Michell's/Michael's because that would be someplace were we could lazily spend an hour or longer. Unfortunately, it was a Sunday afternoon, and that place was pretty booked. At any rate, we talked and caught up and ate some crap food. It was good.
On our way out, a couple at a table stopped me. "We saw you at the Second City" they said. Turns out they went with the Johnsons to see the show, but that was a week ago, I've gotten my hair cut since then, and we weren't in The Second City. They said that it was very funny, and that I was very good... that typical stuff you say when you met someone who you've seen in a play or whatever. I was more surprised that someone, in Chicago--a city of roughly 8 million--stopped me in a restaurant to tell me that they thought I was funny in a show. That's pretty amazing, at least to me. Whatever... thanks for pissing on my parade!

Remember what I said about it raining Friday night? Remember how I said that crappy stuff happened? Well... what happened is a "flood" at Wells. The water must've been at least an inch deep. And guess what was on the ground: the computer. Great guess if you got it. Good for you. But that's not all... the cord to the fax/copier/printer was also on the ground. It's not a big deal if it's just the cord, but you know how printers have those connections? Yeah... that shit got fried big-time. I had to get on getting a new computer fast.
And, as of Sunday the 5th, we've got the new computer, no new printer, and the computer isn't working the way it's supposed to yet. I hate my job.

No comments: