Thursday, September 30, 2004

The rest of today
First of all, I want to thank everyone for their support. I got tons of phone calls today and didn't have enough time to answer them all, but I'll get to everyone eventually. My mom was a lot cooler about it than I thought she'd be, as I figured she'd be pretty worried about me not having a job. She just thought it was "terrible" what happened and the way in which everything transpired. She's right, but I still can't shake that I brought this on myself (through my own stupidity). My sister thinks that I let things fester inside of myself for far too long and that, if I talked about them when little things were occurring, I wouldn't periodically break-down. It seems she's right, and I didn't know it until Tuesday. Nothing has even reached the point that I was at yesterday morning... I was quite upset. I guess the most ironic part was that I was upset at Andrea and not at all at her dad, yet this cop dude was only focused on what I said about her dad. *shrug* Whatever. The more I think about what I could've done differently, the more I realize that it would have just left me in a job that I hate, doing everything for everyone and getting shit pay.
What still upsets me is the injustice of it all. Good things don't happen to good people... 'bad' people make sure that the good people are just as miserable as they are. Which reminds me, this afternoon... after the meeting, I went back to my apartment and made some phone calls, then I headed to The Second City to register for my next term (nothing like gettin' canned then spending $250). On my way there, I saw Andrea trying to cross the street... it turned out that I crossed her path. I didn't say anything or even attempt to make eye contact. Know why? Because I wouldn't put it past her to get some kind of restraining order against me. Yeah... I was thinking about it as I was walking. If she did, it would seriously put a hamper on my classes... as it would mean taking some kind of really weird route to get to the Training Center. I honestly just hope they leave me alone because I know I want nothing more than to never talk to either of them ever again. I don't want anything to do with Coldstone or ice cream in general for a long time. I think doughnuts will be my dessert of choice from now on ;)
So you know what I did instead of moping around all day? I helped my friend Brian move out of his apartment. I figured some heavy lifting would help easy my mind... and it's always nice to help a friend. We ended up packing stuff up and driving around to the UHaul place and such until about 7 o'clock this evening. I was then starving, as I was honestly too sickened all day to eat. You know what?, scratch that... I wasn't even hungry then... I just ate because I knew I needed to. After that, Brian, Adam and I all went to Dave and Busters. We shot stuff... that always makes me happy. And we played pool, which I suck at, but I still enjoy playing and watching other people play.

Quick sidenote 1: I already started looking for another job in the Chicago Reader... and there's an opening at the Chicago Shakespeare Theatre for a part-time 'front of house' staff member. I also find a part-time business assistant position that sounds a lot like what I've been doing for a year (only better in that I wouldn't actually be doing the persons job). It pays $15-18 per hour and it's only a two day a week job... so I'm thinking of maybe trying to take a couple part-time jobs, if I can get them. Never fear, dear reader, I'm only looking for jobs where I can leave work at work.
Quick sidenote 2: I realized tonight that I can now date Coldstone employees. There's one employee who I might ask to a movie sometime *blush*
Quick sidenote 3: Now I have time to actually go see movies, I've got a lot of catching up to do. Fahrenheit 9/11 comes out on DVD soon and, I'm guessing because of Rhea's post about it, Eternal Sunshine... comes out soon or did come out. I bought myself the first four season of Mr. Show (I'm finally into that show Nate!), and the Star Wars DVDs... so I have plenty of sitting around catching up to do. Honestly kids, I could go without a job for two weeks without getting bored. I have a TON of things I'd love to do that I haven't. And there are museums and shows in Chicago that I haven't gone to because I haven't had time. Unfortunately these things cost money... but I've got a little bit saved up... I should be able to go until November if I needed to without a job. I just can't make trips to Albion all the time because I KNOW it's going to be expensive to go back there. The funny thing is that going back to Big Rapids is probably just the opposite. My parents always give me money or food (which is just as good as money as far as I'm concerned) whenever I head home.
Long sidenote 2 (the 3rd quick one was long): I'm going to be able to go to the Monday Night Football game with my dad on October 11th. It's the Packers/Titans in Green Bay and I'm TOTALLY pumped! So I'll see my parents then. I could honestly use an entire week in BR with my folks... relaxing, catching up with them, and trying to make Miss Katie Huey fall in love with me. This is as opposed to spending a week in Albion trying to get Miss Chelsey Wagemaker to fall in love with me. Hey... I'm every girl's second choice! Hooray for already having boyfriends!

No comments: