Friday, September 10, 2004

Update from the previous week, Early September!
Wanna know what I did Wednesday through Friday of last week? I worked! That's it! I'm seriously done boring you with exactly what transpired. I'm just going to let you know that those days were spent working and doing not much else.
So you wanna know what I did? I took Saturday off. I lazily spent the entire day watching football and chilling out in my apartment. Nothing fancy, just a nice relaxing day by myself. It was good.
Sunday, I went out to Aurora (actually Oswego) with Dave from class. We went to Keith's house, where we spent the better part of the afternoon working on scripts and trying to put together an hours worth of material. Dave's been talking to the guys who schedule Donny's Skybox... and as soon as we figure out what we're doing, we're in. That's it... and as we went through our material... it turns out that we're ridiculously close to having that much material.
Monday, Labor Day, I spent actually trying to do work. I went into the Wells store to try to get some computer stuff done, but I was unsuccessful as every other company in the world besides Coldstone is closed on Labor Day. Know why? Because they all respect the labor their employees put in. *nods* and there would be hell to pay if they tried to stay open.
Speaking of hell to pay, there will be if my lease renewal isn't figured out. My lease is up soon and my management company is a bunch of idiots. Isn't that the way things work? I've called about a dozen times to get a copy of the lease. Supremely long story short, I finally got a copy of the lease slid under my door... faxed it (co-signed by my folks), got it faxed back, and sent it to Planned Property Management. Two days later, I got a call saying that they'd "hate to lease my apartment to someone else" (this is after weeks of saying the same damn things), but I told them it's in the mail. I think I would travel down to the office and stab someone in the eye if they leased my apartment to someone else.
I've pretty much had no food in my apartment for weeks because I haven't had time to go grocery shopping. It took me leaving work right after a meeting on September 9th and effectively turning my phone off to get it done. I've got a ton of food now... except for dinners. Dinner continues to allude me, as historically dinner is a time for hot, homemade meals. Yes, I realize that I was spoiled having a mother who cooked at least 5 times a week and who loved cooking. I guess I really miss home. I've called my parents three or four times this week... which is about three or four times more than I usually call.
During one of the phone calls, I revealed to them that I'm looking for another job. Yeah, I'm actually actively searching for another job now. I'm looking into office work, like at a law office. Anything that has regular hours and respects my time out of the office. I want to be able to leave work at work. My days at Coldstone start when someone calls me from one of the stores first thing in the morning... and they finish when I've made sure both stores are "okay" for that day. Basically I finish when I can't do anything else that day and have to put it off until tomorrow. Sometimes those things get done the next day, and sometimes they drag on and on forever. Such is life? The pessimist in me thinks so... but the tiny, frail optimist inside of me knows that there has to be something out there that can make me happier than this does.

Speaking of making me happy, let's talk video games. Let's talk Madden 2005 vs NCAA Football 2005... who's the king? I love a lot of the new features in NCAA, but the actual gameplay is pretty much the same as previous years. It seems a little more difficult to pass this year than last. And, by a little more difficult... I mean almost impossible to be consistent. But you can run up and down the field with very little problems. With Madden, the same is normally true. I can run up and down the field... but I can't pass the ball worth crap. But, with this version of Madden, it's easy to pass the ball up and down the field... but running is another story. The defense is "improved" in Madden this year. Which means that it's tough as shit to evade someone trying to tackle you, but apparently you can throw the ball 30 yards down the field with no problems. It makes no sense... but it's very easy beat Ken at Madden, and not as easy to beat Ken at NCAA. But I still beat Ken at NCAA without trying as well. You bring it, Kennarth.

No comments: