Wednesday, March 09, 2005

About To Pick Up Ken...
I'm leaving to pick Ken up from Midway in less than an hour. And I know I just posted two things today because I was "behind," but expect a little more of my behind in the next few days. I doubt I'll actually get to posting anything while Ken is here... unless he wants to post something himself (which is likely... guest stars are ALWAYS welcome on this site). I'm totally excited! Five days of vegging out, doing nothing, playing video games, laughing, and inappropriately hitting on women. I'm not sure how this will be any different than what I normally do... but I guess Ken will be here too, thereby making it different.
And, before I go, I should say something about my Intro to TV and Film class last night. It sounds like I won't be writing much in that class. The whole class, get this, is a class on how to pitch. We're pitching show ideas, series ideas, and movie ideas... as if we were in a meeting, trying to pitch our ideas to the "big wigs." Last night, we watched an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond... broke it down scripturally (heehee... get it?), took a break, and then pitched an idea for a show. Mine was a poker game between Ray and Debra (after Debra learns that she is a expert poker player). Mary Scruggs, the instructor, thought we all did well... but she had a couple tips for me when I'm pitching. It was an interesting class... and I'm not sure if I'm into it or not. It was certainly interesting... but we'll see how useful it is in a few weeks. (I have to pitch an idea for Desperate Housewives in a couple weeks. I'm actually going to need to call my peeps for a rundown of the show before I pitch it. Stupid ABC!)

No comments: