Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Wow... At Least I'm Not a Duck
Check out this article. It is creepy... and I'm not sure what I think about it. Perhaps there is some biological/evolutionary evidence for homosexuality being as natural as heterosexually? And, along the same lines, perhaps it's okay that I'm a necrophilic.
And, while I'm on that topic, let's talk about Sweet Pumpkin Pie rehearsal Monday night. Wait... um... nevermind, let's just keep moving ahead, away from whatever led me to divulge that secret. Monday night we had our rehearsal at the ComedySportz Theatre up on Halsted. I had never been up there, so I was (as I usually am) nervous and anxious about making sure I was there on time. When I got there, I almost ran into Kim and Chris who were heading out to get some water and snacks for rehearsal. We all walked to the Walgreens that was conveniently a block away, and then came back in time for rehearsal. Rehearsal was held on the third floor of ComedySportz... in what looked like a large office space with a small stage in the middle of it. It was very surreal... but who am I to judge? I'm just an actor.
During rehearsal, there's a scene where Rachel and I are husband and wife, but we don't go on stage until the end of the scene. So, historically, we stand out in the hallway and I bite her shoulder. You know, like I do. Well, also historically, Rachel gets me back. The first time I did it, she headbutted me, saying "I have brothers, I know how to headbutt." And the headbutting is awesome... she totally does it right and I get the wobbly knee thing going on. One time she headbutted me in the temple and I had a headache for about an hour. It's awesome! So now our thing is for me to bite her shoulder and her to headbutt me back... makes me laugh every time.
Gratuitous Kim Update: I think I might have missed the window. I think there was about a week when Kim was like "I like that John guy"... and I think that week was years ago. It was back in nineteen ninety never. Right. But, regardless, I think I've moved, in her mind, from "might want to date" to "creepy guy." I'm such a douche.
The Soy Milk experiment! Yeah, that's right. There was no transition (the rest of rehearsal was boring and rehearsal-like) AND I bought some soy milk because I was interested in trying it. As Lewis Black would say, "it's not milk... it's soy juice. Because there's no soy tittie, is there? But they call it soy milk because they couldn't sell soy juice. And that's because when you say soy juice, you actually start to gag." Regardless, soy juice is not that bad. It has a different consistency than milk but, once you get over that, it's pretty good. Soy milk... check it out! (also has tons of protein... good for growing bones like mine! *looks down* Oh shit, it's true! Sorry)
Yesterday morning, when I went out to deposit a check, I came back to find that I had a package waiting for me. My dad had ordered the third season of SCTV for me! I know have the first season and the third season. I wonder if the second season just hasn't arrived yet or if he forgot to order the second season or if he said to himself "the second season of every show ever is terrible!" My money is on the second option. At any rate, the third season includes a CD of audio from The Second City in Chicago and Toronto... it's just a collection of awesome scenes and, for the most part, you don't need to see them to think they're funny. Nice.
I also got an email from the woman from Cartoon Network Europe yesterday morning. I need to submit a writing sample and send my resume. I don't know what I'm going to send... but I'm thinking that I'll probably send my "SuperHeroMan" scene because it's full of absurdity and horrible puns. That's a cartoon, right? Yeah, that's what I thought.
The rest of yesterday afternoon was spent cleaning for Ken. I am constantly surprised how long cleaning takes. And, keep in mind, I'm half-assing it and cutting corners wherever I can. I'm a guy... I don't REALLY care if it's "clean," so long as it looks clean. So it could take a lot longer if I was actually doing it "right." Perhaps this is just another example of my perfectionism getting in the way of progress. Let me tell you, being a lazy perfectionist is the most hellish existence I could imagine. "Well... that looks good enough." *starts to leave* "Wait... no it's not." *fixes it a little more, but not enough that it's perfect* "Okay! That's good enough. Except for that little part on the side there." *spends the next three hours doing this* Perhaps one day I'll realize it takes a lot less time and effort to just do it the way I want it done in the first place. That day, however, is not today. And I'll just stick with my terrible habits of just doing enough that I can move on to something else I should have done better the first time I did it. Hey! I could be put in charge of highway construction. Flamingo! *shakes head* Nothing will ever be as good as zing. *sniffle* Oh zing! How I miss you... especially with my sights off and this strong headwind. *rimshot*

No comments: