Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Beware the Ides of March (and all that other loot that happened before it)!
I may actually have to post this in parts, as I haven't truly updated in a while. I've got some stuff from two weekends ago when I went to BR (which I might just skip), and I've got all this loot from Ken visiting and opening night of my show! I guess I'll just start typing and see how long it takes me.
First of all, let me say that, while I was preoccupied, my blog hit counter turned one year old! So, in one year, I've gotten over 8,000 hits... and I'm truly humbled whenever I think about how many people that is; and how often they come here just to read what I'm thinking.
Wednesday--In the morning, I went out to Midway on the Orange line to pick up Ken. The trip seemed to take a lot longer than I thought it would, but I was just worried about getting there to meet Ken on time. Turns out, I was early because Ken's flight was late. So I gave Mr. John Sellers the world's shortest "what's up with you?" call. I'm not joking... we talked for only maybe ten minutes. Then Ken's plane landed and it was time for me to find him. I called Ken (who had called me while I was on the phone with Sellers to tell me he had landed) and he said "I see you"... which instantly made me spin around in a paranoid circle, trying to cover all angles. He was behind me, headed to baggage claim. We exchange pleasantries (and man-hugs) and easily found his monstrosity of a green military travel bag. Then it was a hop, skip, and a jump to... about two feet away and we then had to walk back to the El stop.
Back into the city, we hit up Lou Malnati's pretty early in the evening and were treated to an almost completely empty dining area. No offense to everyone else on the planet, but I would just asoon have an entire dining room to myself and a guest than have to share it with other people. I guess I don't really share well with others. Or I hate having to listen to other people talk about mundane and meaningless poopy. People love the poopy. That should be a bumper sticker. Anyway, we had an amazing pizza and a great little talk about everything that's ever happened (freeing up the rest of his visit for video games).
But, before the video gaming could commence, I had Tech Rehearsal for Sweet Pumpkin Pie. It's going to be another show that feels like I'm on stage for the whole thing, even though I'm not in three or four scenes. It's just the way the scenes are spaced out, it seems like I don't get a break in the show until the show's almost over. I would now give you a Kim update... but there's nothing to tell. It was just a whole lotta business tonight. I did, however, get a pretty sweet trench coat for free. Joe Janes bought it for me because I needed an "over-sized" coat for one of the scenes. But, when I tried it on, it was not oversized for me. It was the right size for me. Joe said "It fits you!" all surprised when I put it on. I would have felt bad about being "big"... but I got a free trench coat, so fuck it! I hear the English wear trench coats, so I might even bring it over to England with me. I'm awesome.
So awesome, in fact, that I left rehearsal and headed back to my apartment to play Star Wars:Battlefront. Like I had previously figured, it became a game of who could get more "frags" (that's gamer talk for "kills"). Ken and I frequently got over 20 each... and often one of us would be over 40. I think Ken got the highest with like 68 or so after he hopped into an AT-AT and started blowing the Rebels back to Yavin 4. (*John goes into a horrifically dorky fit of laughter and then pushes up not one, but two pairs of glasses*) I'm such a nerd.

No comments: