Monday, December 06, 2004

Football's boring. Scroll down!
Let me get the pain out of the way first. Yesterday, there was a certain Packers/Eagles game played. Anyone who follows that sort of thing knows that the game was the complete opposite of pretty. The Eagles had effectively won the game after about 10 minutes of the first quarter. Slaughter, massacre, Armageddon... these are just a few of the words that are too tame to describe what happened to my Packers yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I figured my Pack would lose... the Eagles are one of the most talented teams in the league. And the game was in Philadelphia, which is a place where Green Bay hasn't had much success (remember Randall Cunningham? He beat us every year).
I guess one of the reasons why I'm so upset has to do with a decision their coach made. Remember how I said the game was over by the end of the first quarter? Well, it was most certainly done by half-time... and it was actually officially logged as a win for the Eagles by half-way through the third quarter. Well, their couch, Andy Reid (a one-time Packers QBs coach), kept his starters in until about 7 and a half minutes left IN THE GAME. He still had his first team guys in, long after the game was officially over. This is, in football terminology, referred to as a "cock move." If we were using the war/football cliche metaphor, it would be like dropping an atomic weapon AFTER the other side has surrendered. It's like saying "Hey... did you see that we won? Did you see by how much? Hey! Did you see we won?!"
I think the most disappointing part of the loss is that, last year, Green Bay was the better team. Yes, I know the Eagles won TWICE against the Packers last year, but Green Bay was the better team in both games. "Well," you say, "if they were the better team, why didn't they win?" That's why they play the games, they say... and the better team doesn't always win (see the Bears win over Minnesota this weekend, or any win by the Arizona Cardinals in franchise history). But this year, Philly is definitely the better team... so they deserved the win. I just wish they weren't such cocks about it.

Scroll to here!
On to happier things, when I read this headline, I couldn't believe it: Disposable cell phone cover grows into flower. Then I read the article. They've invented a cell phone cover that is totally bio-degradable, and it includes a sunflower seed in the cover, so that it grows into a sunflower when it's thrown away. Incredible! Finally, technology works FOR the environment instead of against it. The article says that the company is working on coming up with more plastics that are bio-degradable and eco-friendly. Happy day!

As I mentioned on November 17, a woman did an article on Adam and his roommates Chip and Owen. If you follow this link, you'll see a pretty good picture of Chip, and then Adam and Owen are in the background (Owen is the balding dude on the left, Adam's in the swivel chair on the right). If you look REALLY CLOSE, you can plainly see that I'm not in the picture at all, even though I'm in the apartment at the time. And, notice the women made no mention of me even being there... probably because she was from Cadillac. True story... but it has more to do with me not living there, I think. And the fact that the story is about online gamers, and that's not really something I'm into. I even told her so... effectively writing myself out of her story. But I didn't want to be in her stupid story anyway, she's from Cadillac. Stupid Cadillac!

No comments: